We’re revolutionizing the way humanity eats, and there’s a lot of room for optimization and growth. That’s where you come in. Your ingenuity will help us continue to drive innovation, making an impact on the reliability, performance, and scalability of Skip’s industry-leading technology.
- Delivering high-quality data science models as part of a team working on a variety of forecasting, optimization, logistical and routing challenges as a part of an established team of data scientists with experience in these areas.
- Work closely with team members across all business units to build and evaluate suitable algorithms to allow us to scale our business.
- Interfacing with other Tech teams working to production deadlines.
- Taking on board feedback from other data scientists, gathering reviews of your code and models and ensuring they can be effectively deployed by our Tech team.
- Use data to visualize and explain hypotheses and models.
Qualifications & Experience
- MS degree / Ph.D. degree in a quantitative discipline (eg. CS, CEng, Stats, Physics).
- Demonstrable relevant working experience.
- Applied experience with machine learning, data science and solving problems at scale.
- Ability to communicate business outcomes and recommendations from analysis verbally and written, ability to present results coherently.
- Ability to develop confidently in Python, with the capability to read and understand other languages with complicated codebases.
- Confident extracting and manipulating data from our various SQL and NoSQL data stores and storage frameworks.
- Practical experience with Logistics algorithms, routing algorithms, optimizations, time series analysis or forecasting time-series.
- Experience working on projects that employed assignment algorithms, routing algorithms or time series forecasting.
- Deep understanding of best practices for Data Conditioning, Model Selection and Testing.
- Experience from similar markets to the food-delivery market.
- Experience working in agile teams, with code reviews and source control.
- Comfortable with big data stores (Google BigQuery, Amazon Datastores) and tools (including dynamoDB, elasticsearch, S3, SQS, Kinesis) or Spark / Storm / Hadoop / Kafka or Neo4
Why work at Skip?
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness is not only embraced, but makes an impact on a major Canadian company, and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you—you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
This is just a taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.