4ocean is on a mission to save the world's oceans, and we are looking for a Transportation Data Analyst to help us advance our cause.
About This Position
The Transportation Data Analyst will be based at our Distribution Center in Deerfield Beach, FL. We will consider out of town/state candidates who are willing & able to work in a remote, work from home capacity.
Reporting directly to our Logistics Manager, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the growth & success of our business by extracting & analyzing transportation data from a wide variety of databases and related source systems, including vendor applications. This is a highly technical, hands-on position which requires recent and applicable experience in data analytics and a true love of MS Excel. If that sounds like you and you are passionate about cleaner oceans, we'd love to hear from you!
Here's some other fun stuff you'll get to do:
- Extract and interpret data then analyze and present results in a way that's easy to understand
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in transportation spend
- Filter and normalize data
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Proactively suggest strategies to improve performance, efficiencies and cost reductions where needed
- Ensure vendors are applying agreed upon rates for all shipments
- Confirm charges to customers are aligned with spending
- Assist transportation department in global expansion plans
- Assist team with movement of shipments as needed
You have at least 1+ year of relevant experience working as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst within a fast-paced business environment. You have had exposure to leading analytics and reporting, including customer and product trend analysis (Shopify Plus preferred), and are looking to gain more exposure with a rapidly growing, mission-based brand that's doing good things to help the world.
Here are a few other things we will need you to have:
- Advanced MS Excel skills, of course!
- Ability to translate business information requests into easy-to-understand presentations / graphs
- Experience in generating financial reports
- Education: You probably have a recent BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- A positive, can do attitude and an excellent sense of humor!!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to partner with various levels of leadership within the organization
- Comfort in a fast-paced, always changing start-up environment
- Team-first, optimistic, solution-driven orientation
- Drive to play an important role in a business that makes a difference in the world
- Personal passion for sustainability and cleaning the world's oceans
Bonus points if you have:
It is also super important that all 4ocean crew members naturally live and embrace our core values:
- Shopify Plus, Shipping Easy and/or BrightPearl
4ocean is a mission-driven for-profit business, dedicated to removing trash from our oceans and coastlines while inspiring individuals to work together for cleaner oceans.
Founded In 2017, 4ocean was created with the mission to sell a product that would enable the company to fund a worldwide cleanup initiative. This is how our first product, the 4ocean bracelet, was born. Made from recycled materials, every bracelet purchased funds the removal of one pound of trash from the ocean and coastlines. In only four years, we have sold enough bracelets & other products to enable us to pull over 14 million pounds of trash from the ocean.
Bracelet sales are just the beginning. We are building an assortment of high quality, sustainably made products that will help people reduce their dependence on single-use plastic, reuse the materials we collect from the ocean, and celebrate the 4ocean brand and ocean-conscious lifestyle.
Beyond our products, we combat the ocean plastic crisis through advocacy, cleanups, influence, and education. We are a for-profit business, because we believe in creating sustainable, profitable business models around cleaning the ocean rather than relying on external funding. Our ocean clean-up operations, currently in the U.S., Haiti, Guatemala and Indonesia, are meticulously documented and audited for transparency, and are regularly expanding to new locations and deploying new clean-up technologies. As of June 2020, our operations employ several hundred people around the world, pulling trash seven days a week.
4ocean is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.