We are looking for an experienced data scientist with a strong background in cyber security to join our team as a data science consultant. As a consultant, you will be responsible for working closely with various groups to develop and implement data-driven solutions that can help detect and deter security threats. You will use your expertise in data analysis and modeling to create actionable insights that help us extract attack and protection patterns and structure.
- Set up a Security Analytics / Security Data Lake system, carrying out tasks such as:
- Preprocessing of structured and unstructured data.
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include all relevant information for developing analytic systems.
- Processing, cleansing, and validating the integrity of data to be used for analysis.
- Developing prediction systems and machine learning algorithms.
- Work with stakeholders to understand their data analytics needs and objectives (e.g., the data lake (called Modern Data Platform) team, fraud team, the Security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR) team, Threat Management team).
- Develop and implement data-driven solutions that identify and address security concerns.
- Conduct analyses of security data to identify trends and patterns.
- Develop predictive models to anticipate security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Create visualizations and dashboards that communicate security analytics results to stakeholders.
- Work with cross-functional teams to integrate security analytics results into security processes.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in cyber security and data science techniques.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in data science/data analytics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in data analysis, modeling, and visualization
- Strong background in data analysis, statistics, security metrics and knowledge of common security frameworks and standards (e.g., NIST, CIS)
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, R, or SQL
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The target hiring compensation range for this role is the equivalent of $65.44 to $72.72 an hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location. Additional benefits offered may
include; medical health insurance and dental insurance, life insurance, and eligibility to participate in 401k plan with company match.