Who are we?
We offer crowd-powered solutions throughout Europe in field marketing, technical installations, and healthcare. We are based in Amsterdam & Rotterdam but have offices all over Europe.
Using the Roamler app, our crowd members (Roamlers) assist our clients by performing location-based tasks better, more flexibly, and cheaper. Our Roamlers perform on-demand tasks anywhere, anytime for a fee. This helps our customers increase flexibility and Roamlers have a wider range of options regardless of availability, skills, and location.
Recently we acquired the companies Datlinq and Mobeye to consolidate and expand our operations. This allows us to include data and insights to our tasks offering and makes Roamler a data and insights partner for the out-of-home and retail market as well.We are looking for
As a Data Engineer you will be joining our Datalabs team, consisting of data engineers and scientists. Together with one of the data scientists and a product owner you will for the team for our new product Rosa. (roamler on shelf availability) For this product we use large datasets of EPOS data. Where we receive sales per product per day per supermarket.
Together, you will be responsible for the quality and availability of the data that feeds the applications and data services we offer to our clients.
As a Data Engineer you will focus on building and maintaining scalable data pipeline which is processing and delivering to the datawarehouse. These results will be used by our BI team to report on. You will support them in the optimal setup of the data to be reported on.Responsibilities
- Create and maintain our high performance, scalable data pipelines
- Deliver new data pipelines optimizing the value of our new product
- Leverage Azure services where possible
- Experiment with new DWH techniques like datalakehouse and azure fabric
- Preparing datasets for the DWH and our BI team
- Expand our capabilities for automated testing, data validation and monitoring
- Work with the team to continuously make things better, do code reviews, share your knowledge and make every day a fun day
- Bachelor and/or Master’s degree in computer science or related field
- 3+ years relevant working experience
- Have foundational coding skills in at least Python and SQL
- Experience with a cloud service, Azure, Data Factory, Databricks is a big plus
- Knowledge of spark, for example in Databricks
- Experience with datawarehouse solutions and data modelling
- Self-starter and proactive
- Ability to communicate in verbal communication skills in English.
- Lot’s of opportunities to learn and grow as a data professional
- New offices in Rotterdam and Amsterdam (close to public transport)
- Hybrid working culture with flexibility for working from home as well as at the office
- Pension scheme with voluntary contribution
- Shiny Macbook or Windows notebook
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and are you ready for a new challenge in a fast-developing company? Don't hesitate and apply now!
Message to recruitment agencies: we think this vacancy is too much fun to outsource!