Job ID: 2115116
Location: , DC , US
Date Posted: 2021-10-06
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Data Scientist
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
SAIC is seeking an individual for a Data Scientist role to join the Artificial intelligence horizontal business unit within the Innovation Factory Team. The successful candidate will have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results by creating and operationalizing data science and artificial intelligence products and solutions in support various customer missions within the Federal Government and other Public Sector organizations. You would support a variety of programs including but not limited to customer programs, IRAD projects and product development activities. This position can be worked remotely.
The Data Scientist role will work in a collaborative team-focused environment with technical understanding and practical application in prototyping, designing, and integrating niche tools which will be used in an analytical environment. This position will help progress, establish, incorporate, and advance current and promising concepts to inform tactical decision-making timelines. Your role is to provide needed technical knowledge in the areas of Predictive Analytics, AI/ML, Deep Learning Robotic Process Automation and Edge Computing to develop algorithms, support modeling and simulation efforts and provide data analytic skills to conduct a variety of analytical projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead and mentor more junior data scientists in support of a larger data science roadmap
- Conduct analysis of mission data applicable in multiple domains
- Formulate and interpret problems in mathematical or computational terms
- Design, develop, use, and evaluate mathematical models, methods, and algorithm application to explore concepts and solve problems for the customer
- Develop, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse software algorithms (e.g. processing-intensive analytics, novel process development, manipulation of large data sets)
- Research analysis products and tools for possible integration to enhance Analytics and AI offerings
- Create new tools and applications using a variety of software languages, frameworks, and libraries
- Improve, support, and test a MLOps framework to support other team member’s analysis work
- Refine and enhance existing applications to better meet the customer’s mission
- Code, test, and maintain internally developed mathematical software tools
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience; PhD or JD and six (6) years or more experience.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Demonstrated on-the-job knowledge of providing data analytics solutions
- Hands-on experience creating algorithms and engineering tools for data processing and modeling and simulation
- Practical understanding in machine learning deployment with a focus on optimization, including theoretical and numerical methods for refinement of models
- Must have the aptitude and attitude to tackle unsolved technical challenges
- Capability to distill complex problems into digestible structures/formats
- Clearance not required to apply. Must be able to obtain/maintain a Secret clearance as needed.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.