As a Senior Data Engineer at Zenjob you will closely work with both Data Analytics, Product Management and Backend teams, leading our efforts to create, deploy, scale and maintain data engineering tech stack.
To be successful in this position the most important thing is to live our values #humble, #honest, #helpful and #hungry. So we are looking for a data driven team player. We don’t hire on special tools, but here you will find what we are looking for from the skill side of view:
What you’ll do
- Develop a robust long term vision and technology roadmap for our analytical tech stack Together with the Data Engineering Manager, as the technical sparring partner, lead the implementation of such vision
- Design and build data pipelines that are reliable, scalable and extensible for batch processing of high frequency data.
- Stay updated with emerging data engineering technologies and tools, evaluating their applicability to the organization's needs.
- Work closely with our analysts, platform and backend teams on topics like data integration, cleanup, aggregation, consolidation and preparation for models.
- Support downstream and upstream data integrations with our Customer Data Platform Collaborate with other data engineers to develop and enhance our data architecture to deliver against our business goals.
- Plan and implement data governance framework and tools.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior colleagues, helping them learn and adopt best practices, coding standards and new technologies.
- Troubleshoot and resolve data-related issues, bottlenecks, and technical challenges that arise during development and production phases
Our technology stack
- Data repositories: AWS Redshift, AWS S3, AWS Athena
- Orchestration: AWS MWAA
- Data integration: Sagedata
- ETL tools: dbt Cloud, AWS Glue
- BI tools: Tableau, Metabase
- Others: Segment, Indicative, Sagemaker, Jupyter Notebooks
- Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering
- Experience working on cloud warehouses like redshift/postgres.
- Deep experience of cloud warehouse management is desired.
- Experience in optimizing SQL queries for performance is a must.
- ETL / ELT design experience is mandatory
- Experienced with dbt
- Fluent in English
Zenjob is a digital marketplace for jobs with the goal of connecting tomorrow's workforce with exciting companies thanks to innovative technology. We enable students and part-time job seekers to decide when, where and how they work with just a few clicks. Our service is available in over 30 cities in Germany. Our $50 million (€45 million) funding round in February 2022 will enable us to achieve our goals - including scaling our platform, and new data-driven automation features for our rapidly growing customer base.
For us at Zenjob our culture is our key to success. We live every day by our four values: honest, humble, hungry and helpful. We embrace inclusiveness as the core element to shape diverse and therefore powerful teams.
Engineering at Zenjob
Technology is core to Zenjob's vision. Our engineers from all over the world are building the services that power our platform – our mobile and web apps, our matching core, and the digital document management system. Engineering works alongside Product to support every department to create value for our users and customers.
Bring Your Whole Self to Zenjob
We know that diverse teams build better products, and we care to create a welcoming environment for everyone. With this in mind, we want to build our teams, cultivate leaders and create an innovative and successful company. This is a special shoutout to people from underrepresented groups to come shaping the future of work with us!
- A supportive, open, and fun team that will have your back from day 1. Twenty-eight days of vacation (increases based on tenure to up to 30 days), 1-day special leave paid for charity work, five days of paid educational leave, the option of unpaid leave.
- Hybrid work setup combining office & remote work, flexible working hours, bring your dog policy.
- Ongoing focus on your personal development (annual development budget of EUR 750, mentoring opportunities, continuous career conversations)
- Monthly 30 EUR subsidy on Urban Sports Club, 25% discount on FitX gym membership
- Monthly 40 EUR credit for Rydes - a sustainable mobility solution is spanning public transport bike-sharing.
- Tax-free meal allowance (saving EUR ~50 net per month!)
- Quarterly team events, winter party, summer party and budget for employee's birthdays
If this sounds good, then we’d love to hear from you.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to assessing every qualified person according to their skills, regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. It is not necessary to include your photo and age with your application.