Iron EagleX is a small defense contracting company with a focus on mission success and excellence in execution.
We offer a great culture, competitive salaries, and an excellent benefits package. If you are looking for a company that feels like a family, you’re in the right place!
The Data Scientist will support United States Army Intelligence (G2) with a new cloud based security system. This individual will be involved with initial selection of the visualization and reporting tools for a cloud based intelligence support system. They will also assist with determination and development of the initial reports using the application and providing the first analytical tools and reports available to this organization to understand and interpret their data to improve operations and overall security within the US Army.
Job Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Solve complex data problems, discovering fresh insights and delivering data to the user that is timely and establishes trust and confidence in the data
- Develop visualizations of data to enable quick intuitive understanding of strengths and weaknesses in the program status and activities
- Develop standard and custom reports of the data to assist with both summary and detailed understanding of the information
- Assist a team with their first ever aggregation of data to develop their initial analytical tools
- Selection of data visualization and reporting tool(s) for a big data stack
- Identify and analyze data shortfalls, hidden insights or anomalies and make recommendations on ways to apply the data and help to codify new data collection or system requirements
- Work with analysts to develop and document improvements or changes in the tactics, techniques or procedures if and when new approaches to the data require changes to TTPs or workflows
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience in data analysis and reporting
- Prefer hands-on experience programming / scripting languages: Python, php, MATLAB
- Experience working with large data sets and with distributed computing technologies such as MapReduce/Hadoop
- Experience with search and reporting tools such as Apache Spark, Jasper, Pentaho or similar
- Prefer experience with Cloudera or AWS technologies
- Ability to communicate data analysis results in a clear and concise manner to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must be able to define and document appropriate advanced analytic methods, predictive analysis, pattern analysis, and the like
- Unit testing and associated frameworks
- Experience working with the Department of Defense
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology, Computer Science, Statistics, or related field or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience desired
- Certificate in Data Analysis or other relevant experience or training
- An active Top Secret SCI security clearance is Required
- National health, vision, and dental plans
- 20 days of PTO and 10 paid holidays
- Life Insurance
- Short and long term disability plans
- 401(K) retirement plan
- Incentive and recognition programs
- Relocation opportunities