Focused on a bold vision to deliver smarter technology for all, we are developing world-changing technologies that create a more inclusive, trustworthy and sustainable digital society. By designing, engineering and building the world’s most complete portfolio of smart devices and infrastructure, we are also leading an Intelligent Transformation – to create better experiences and opportunities for millions of customers around the world. Join us in defining our world of tomorrow and creating smarter technology for all!
IDG (Intelligent Device Group) – The IDG at Lenovo houses our PC and Smart Devices. We combine investment in high-growth segments (workstations, gaming, visuals, thin and light devices) with new innovation in the smart device categories and continue to explore new opportunities across AR/VR, artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), security and as-a-service solutions.
Lenovo is seeking a User Experience Data Analyst to join our growing User Experience Design (UXD) team. The user is at the core of everything we do here at Lenovo and your expertise is needed to help bring the voice of the customer into the design process.
In this role, you will identify data-driven insights to influence design decisions. Using a variety of data sources (e.g., surveys, internal research projects, syndicated and industry partner research reports, online forums, opt-in telemetry), you will conduct customer-centric analyses and disseminate findings to help teams create industry-leading user experiences for all.
This role will involve close collaboration with user experience designers, researchers, data scientists, product developers, product managers, engineers, and executives throughout the design process.
- Conduct analysis using customer feedback to create deliverables that clearly communicate findings to a wide audience of internal stakeholders
- Lead data-driven initiatives to deliver customer-centric user experiences and designs
- Own front-end management of analysis tools by coordinating with dashboard end users and data scientists to ensure the accuracy and usefulness of customer feedback data
- Establish systems for monitoring user data while publishing insightful reports regularly
- Serve as a subject matter expert on analysis of customer feedback from data sources including text analytics dashboards and online surveys
- Support UXD team design and research activity through data analysis
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional project teams and business peers to propose the best experience for all
- Interface with industry partners and internal teams to share data and encourage positive usage of opt-in telemetry data to improve user experiences
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal forms with colleagues, executives, external parties, and industry partners in the U.S. and internationally
- Think creatively and strategically about the end-to-end user experience and how to apply this information to influence design thinking
- Identify insights and trends in industries such as gaming, small business, AR/VR, and PCs
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 7+ years professional experience in data analysis, survey research, or a related field
- Experience leading user feedback data analytics programs, including the analysis of both structured and unstructured customer feedback
- Expertise in:
o Quantitative and statistical methods using customer, user, or participant data
o Questionnaire/survey development and best practices
o Text analytics of customer feedback/sentiment, including use of NLP taxonomies
o Leveraging data visualizations and dashboards to effectively communicate insights in a format that is easy to understand
o Developing and leading presentations to a variety of audiences, including executives
o Survey software (e.g., Qualtrics, Confirmit)
o Data analysis software (e.g., SPSS, R)
o Text analytics and Natural Language Processing (NLP) tools
o Data visualization and business intelligence platforms (e.g., QlikSense, Power BI)
o Microsoft programs (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint)
o Complete high-quality deliverables autonomously, with strong attention to detail
o Clearly explain analytic findings in an understandable and impactful way
o Work under pressure managing multiple projects/requests simultaneously while successfully addressing interruptions and redefined priorities
- Portfolio and/or examples demonstrating proven experience with user-oriented data analytics achievements and proof points from prior roles
- Organizationally savvy, with demonstrated ability to influence leaders and facilitate alignment and clear decision-making
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership, project management, and influencing skills
- Passionate advocate for the customer
- Language proficiency: Excellent written and verbal English
- Ability to travel (10%)
- Master’s degree
- Experience working for a consumer electronics company
- Experience working at a global company
- Experience working with both consumer and commercial customers
- Experience analyzing and synthesizing actionable insights from opt-in telemetry data
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.