WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and interpreting multi-faceted data in partnership with several functional groups. Designs data models to meet the needs of the company’s business units; manages the flow of information between departments through the use of data assets, both internal and external, including structured and unstructured; maintains data integrity by working to eliminate redundancy; conducts in-depth analyses that tell the story of what happened; presents insight and recommendations to management for decision making and strategic planning; controls and develops internal/external information sources for business analysis. Preference will be given to candidates with workers compensation claims business background in an intensive data analytics role.
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited four-year college or university required.
- Required Experience: Minimum of 7 years industry experience in a Data Analytics role. Hands-on experience with data pipelines & ETL processes (structured & unstructured), deep understanding of data analysis, Insurance business intuition, and excellent verbal & written communications skills.
- Technical Skills: Advanced proficiency in SQL and data visualization (PowerBI preferred). Machine learning knowledge preferred. Working knowledge of Snowflake preferred.
- Analytical Skills: Collects, analyzes, and synthesizes data and information from diverse sources that is often complex, voluminous, and technical. Spots issues and detects gaps in available information. Uses intuition and experience to enhance understanding and interpret data. Determines the costs and benefits of alternative courses of action.
- Math and Reasoning Ability: Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where some limited standardization exists. Able to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.