A Joint Venture between Thales (67%) and Leonardo (33%), Thales Alenia Space is a global space manufacturer delivering, for more than 40 years, high-tech solutions for telecommunications, navigation, Earth Observation, environmental management, exploration, science and orbital infrastructures. Thanks to our diversity of skills, talents and cultures, our customers (governments, institutions, space agencies, telecommunications operators), therefore have Space to Connect, Secure & Defend, Observe & Protect, Explore, Travel & Navigate.In Particular He/she Shall Demonstrate The Ability In
The candidate is an engineer with a combination of mechanical, electronic and control system basics background plus equipment testing and/or test benches knowledge.
- using CAD tool for architectural electro-mechanical design and drafting of simple parts/assemblies;
- conceiving kinematic/flexible body kinematic with assembly and parts sizing;
- modelling the electro-mechanical assembly to perform the basic kinematic/dynamic analytical verifications;
- the basic knowledge in electronic design (being able to read and understand the electrical circuits and the functions of its main components), among which:
- digital processing;
- sensor data acquisition and storage;
- electrical I/F at PCB and Box level features/parameters understanding;
- managing the electrical motor design parameters for its feeding and control;
- analogic-digital conversion;
- data bus functioning and data-packets formats and exchanges.
- designing/managing basic control loops and relevant mathematical model;
- managing acquisition system and performing data-processing operations
- performing the basic electrical and data trapping measurements.
In the frame of the above indicated Organization, the candidate will have the following main tasks:As CAD User
As Mechanical Analyst
- 3D modelling of a mechanical assembly (architectural level)
- Parts mechanical design (3D CAD modelling) and sizing
As Electrical/Electronic Interface
- starting from the part/assembly functional description, perform the process of designing and sizing the electro-mechanical components an item including up-to-date optimization criteria;
- preliminary sizing the mechanical/structural elements of a mechanism;
And, As Transversal Competences/duties
- study/comment the electrical/electronic design at PCB/Box/Motor/sensor level for their design understanding and approval;
- create/manage mathematical model of the integrated mechanism (mechanical/electrical/ electronic functioning) for behaviour and performances simulation;
- define electrical motors typology and their preliminary design also in terms the relevant control;
- prepare S/W routines for integrated mechanism testing and relevant data acquisition / processing;
- to specify the HW/SW solutions as User and/or as designer (at component, unit or assy level);
- to be able of acquiring and post processing test data creating data view according filtering and transformation techniques;
- to support/validate the procurement of the HW/SW solutions as User and/or as designer (at component, unit or assy level);
- to contribute to the testing activities in clean-room and/or (at component, unit or assy level);
- to contribute to the testing activities in the satellite level and launch campaign environments as well as to support the satellite post launch verification and follow-on.
- experienced (good) knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Moreover the resource has knowledge of English, both written and spoken.
At Thales Alenia Space we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales Alenia Space employing around 8,900 employees in 10 countries with 17 sites in Europe and a plant in the US, our mobility policy enables employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad. Thales Alenia Space sees space as a new horizon, helping to build a better, more sustainable life on Earth #SpaceForLife. Great journeys start here, apply now!