Here at Syneos Health
, we are currently looking to strengthen our unique Feasibility team. We are seeking a Principal Data Scientist to be office based/home based within Europe. In this position you would be responsibile for managing and providing oversight for multiple data deliverable projects within the Global Feasibility group.
In this position you would provide accountable oversight to the Data Science Team within the Global Feasibility group to achieve business data deliverables by accessing, leveraging and transforming data from existing sources to deliver analytical solutions that drive strategic objectives. You will also supports the larger team to evaluate trends, characterize factors, develop predictive models, and identify optimization opportunities which are integral to the business.
As an Principal Data Scientist, Data Science you will be responsible for reviewing and providing insights for statistical methods applied to large data sets (e.g. Data Lake/ warehouse) to derive meaning and actionable context as well as apply data mining techniques, statistical analysis, and build high quality prediction systems for integration. Builds and optimizes models using machine learning techniques. This is an opportunity to manages and provide oversight for multiple data deliverable projects and for team members
Your role as a Principal Data Scientist would include the following responsibilities:
- Works independently, undertaking complex data deliverable projects & objectives; confidently assesses the level of data, time and effort required and proposes approaches for solutions.
- May mentor or line manage Global Feasibility Data Science Associates as assigned. Ability to teach/coach/ manage team members up to Global Feasibility Data Science Associate for employees to reach performance objectives on a continuous basis.
- Provide project oversight towards objectives within Global Feasibility, Data Science, contributing to the overall quality, and financial success of the Global Feasibility thereby SSU business unit.
- Provides insight and outputs from available data sources to inform on project, departmental, BU or corporate solutions as identified, acting as Feasibility Data Asset SME and/ or corporate representative for the data asset or project.
- Develops functional data solutions as needed. May liaise with the data asset representatives directly to inform and provide solutions. May represent as Feasibility stakeholder on larger corporate (BT) Information Technology initiatives.
- Uses database query tools and statistical, analytical, and visualization software to extract, manipulate, analyze, interpret, and visualize data trends and patterns and uncover insights
- Capability to work efficiently within processes and undertake delivery of an average to higher number of assignments concurrently, if needed.
- Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
- Run turn-key analytics from data acquisition, data prep, analysis, and reporting of results
- Research and develop statistical learning models for data
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers
The ideal candidate will need the following experience / skills to be considered:
- Bachelor’s or greater degree (or under pursuit currently) in Computer Science, Data Science, Analytical Science or other related field, or > 5 years equivalent experience in advanced data analytics practices with proven development and implementation background
- Experience with data science toolkits such as Python, R, Spark ML; excellence in at least two of these is highly desirable
- Experience with data visualization tools such as PowerBI
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive QL, Spark
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as HBase
- Experience with data science methods related to classification analysis, clustering analysis, and forecasting & prediction
- CRO/ Pharma industry experience a plus
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database applications), email, and internet
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and team-oriented skills
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and time management skills
- Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Ability to be flexible, adapt to change, as well as work as part of a team in a matrix environment under close supervision.
We have a comprehensive benefits package and offer highly competitive remuneration.
If you have the required experience for this position and are eligible to work in the required location then please apply through our online application.
Equal Opportunities Plan. Its objective is to achieve the principle of equality of opportunity in Syneos Health’s employment practices ensuring that our workforce is truly representative of each gender and that every employee is respected and is able to work under equal conditions