PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT JOBS TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a GSOC Data Analyst and Applications Specialist. The GSOC (Global Security Operations Center) is a 24/7 operation which provides a critical support function in ensuring the safety and security of personnel and assets throughout the world by leveraging intelligence from several systems and technology databases that provide advanced correlation and analysis capabilities to deliver a prioritized list of actionable security incidents to the security and safety team.
The GSOC Data Analyst and Applications Specialist designs and develops innovative new tools and data visualizations to improve efficient and data driven decisions. The Specialist will partner with cross functional teams to develop data sets that empower the larger team to perform analyses and help visualize analytical data to support various initiatives.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Build dashboards and visualizations that enables the organization to make data-driven decisions
- Create and organize documentation on how tools are built and maintained
- Work with cross functional partners to build partnerships and unlock additional capabilities for the GSOC
- Become the subject matter expert for all existing and future GSOC tools
- Generate operational documentation to assist GSOC supervisors in training on new tools and procedures
- Continually perform gap analyses on existing processes and provide recommendations on how to improve
- Use internal and external systems (internet, newsfeeds, and other data sources), to monitor risks that could have an adverse impact to organizational assets, facilities, and personnel, become subject matter expert for all existing and future GSOC tools
- Develop and manage communications to key stakeholders throughout an incident life cycle
- Collect, analyze, and share intelligence to support corporate investigations
- Leverage technology, reporting, and investigative skills to respond to requests, initiate, and resolve cases
- Provide case documentation by gathering, organizing, and preparing intelligence and evidence
- Perform key access control functions, to include updating employee access levels, configuring access levels, and running access control reports
- Utilize closed circuit television for situational awareness, threat management, and investigative purposes
- Create procedures accordingly as it relates to best practices, directives, and standard operating procedures
- Create, manage, and own various platforms and tools
- Perform other tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as assigned
The Ideal Candidate
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess the ability to meet and maintain any applicable licensing or certification requirements
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years of experience in tools development and/or data analysis
- Must possess experience working in a security, safety, or emergency operations center
- Must possess demonstrated knowledge with Microsoft office applications, Google Suite, and office management technology including mobile devices, PDA’s, Outlook, and internet applications
- Must possess a demonstrated proficiency using mapping software (Google Maps, Google Earth, Bing Maps) and carious CCTV platforms
- Work history must include demonstration of each of the following:
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload based on urgency
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- High level of competency with advanced computer and security systems (e.g. hardware, software and networks)
- Ability to communicate effectively with Information Technology and Security Systems professionals
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and/or Google Applications
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no work in extreme temperatures is expected
Major activity: Working on PC while sitting; telephone use
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, and limited stretching and reaching.
About The Company
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices