Rivalry has been pushing the boundaries on what an esports betting product can be, and we’ve been doing it well. As our user base grows and we enter new global regions, the demand to create new and better products is increasing. We're focused on having the best product in the gambling space. We aren’t willing to accept being marginally better.
We are working hard to create something leaps and bounds above anything else out there. We are investing heavily into our product development team and are looking to hire a Data Analyst to join us on this journey.
Does that sound fun? Keep reading!
Our core platform has a lot of the same challenges that a forex or stock trading system would have. This is a role working alongside our Head of Business Intelligence; as well as, other internal stakeholders of all levels within the organization in order to share and learn from one another as well as lead projects yourself.
In essence, this role is one part working on databases, reports, deep diving in analysis and knowledge sharing with the team, and one part team resource where people can lean on you for your expertise on research methodology, analysis of research; outcomes and reporting.
You will also be a part of
- Developing a deep understanding of our data environment from semantics to implementation.
- Ensuring the quality and accuracy of our reports, and developing new ones following best practices.
- Maintaining and expanding current reporting functions.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to understand their needs, translating them into requirements for analytical tools.
- Providing deep analytical reports to answer key business questions.
- Translating business needs to data products for decision support. Stakeholder management.
- Supporting predictive analytics with custom rich datasets.
- Playing an active role in long term planning for the BI team.
Skills, knowledge and expertise
You should have a strong understanding (3 or more years experience) of one or more of the following:
- A background in Statistics, Economics or Computer Science.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL
- Experience with at least one visualization platform (Tableau, PowerBI etc)
- Advanced descriptive statistics knowledge
- Basic Python for data analytics
- Experience in business intelligence teams
- Experience in the gaming industry
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Soft skills (Communication, work planning etc)
- Financial / Marketing performance reporting
Bonus Points (nice to have but not necessary):
- Python scripting for data analytics (any level)
- Predictive analytics (any level)
Why work here
- We offer a competitive salary and total rewards package including a comprehensive benefits package and stock options (we believe it's important for our team to own a piece of the company and share in our success).
- A chance to work in one of the most exciting and rapidly growing industries
- Work with an extremely talented team who share a love for video games and esports on truly innovative projects; we’re not your typical online sports betting site - we’re a tech company first, and a sports betting company second
- Work where you get your best work done. Whether that’s in an office (when it’s safe enough) or in the comfort of your own home. Our offices are located in Toronto, but a large portion of our company works remotely across 17 different countries.
- Free video games! Every Rivalry employee gets a monthly stipend.
Be you, with us! We like it that way.
We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take differences to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward. While we have more work to do to advance diversity and inclusion, we’re committed to move our company forward.
Rivalry is an esports/sports betting and entertainment startup on the hunt to revolutionize an entire industry. We exists to grow esports, from the grassroots communities to the professional players and leagues.
Driven by our passion for games, we are delivering the most comprehensive offerings and product innovations to a new generation of players. All while being deeply committed to responsible betting.