We're looking for a Senior Data Engineer and Information Technology Leader to join our Information Technology team, report directly to the Chief Information Officer, and lead business transformation efforts core to our mission of providing business insights and opportunities for more effective business operations. With our current response to Covid-19, this role will initially focus on Covid response operationsWhat You'll Do
We’re building our Enterprise Data Insights Engineering team, targeting a diverse and talented team with strong expertise in discovering and understanding business needs, and rapidly prototyping and iterating on data products. As the Senior Leader for this team, you will work with cross-functional leads to design solutions in a highly ambiguous, impactful, and interesting problem space with a high degree of autonomy.
This includes IT support to NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands; from broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties. This portfolio includes oversight of data, technology, processes, support systems and staff delivering services that create insights improving the NBC Universal businesses. The position reports directly to the Chief Information Officer. You will synthesize internal and external user feedback to help guide the team’s product roadmap and lead the technical development effort for data products, analytic tools, and algorithms. In addition, you'll also:
- Immerse yourself in business and technical context to help your team identify opportunities for unlocking new value from our unique data sets
- Rapidly iterate on early stage products where a hybrid skill set of product intuition, customer empathy and technical expertise is essential
- Be responsible for taking nascent product ideas and maturing them into production algorithms and products
- Build and own complex data pipelines using multiple technologies and data analysis methods
- Do this all while building a team and mentoring the team members to tackle increasingly more complex problems
You are an entrepreneurial, customer-focused leader, experienced in driving new data capabilities. You are excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day.
The successful candidate needs the following qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to create a vision, develop successful business case and implementing solutions that apply technology to solve business needs
- Demonstrated background in business transformation (10+ years) and use of lean, six-sigma analysis to reform business processes (BlackBelt)
- You have led large, cross-functional initiatives and are excellent at influencing decision-making without authority
- Technical Degree in Engineering and or Computer Science and Masters in Engineering or Computer Science
- Broad technical understanding (10+ years) of IT Systems including enterprise systems; HR, Finance, Legal
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of engineers and software developers to deliver and continuously improve services.
- Strong capability to build relationships with clients.
- Skilled at assessing technical maturity of multiple platforms and building strategy and roadmaps to improve quality and efficiency
- Ability to recruit and develop talent
- You have a passion for teaching those of various backgrounds and levels of experience and guiding them as they develop their careers