Elements Global Services is an award-winning HR Technology and Services Company revolutionizing the way employers expand and manage employees internationally. Our mission is simple. To simplify global expansion through a revolutionary technology that removes the barriers of globalization to give our customers the speed to market to EXPAND their business, ONBOARD employees, MANAGE compliance, and PAY worldwide! Global expansion is becoming more and more a part of the modern workplace, and with that comes things like remote work and spread-out teams. As Elements is a truly global company, we take care of our client's employees worldwide. From Chicago to Manila, from Johannesburg to Delhi and Hong Kong, we provide top-class benefits to all the employees we serve every day. With offices all around the world and teams spread out between multiple time zones, you too can benefit from the Glocal team strategy, giving our employees the flexibility, they need to do their very best work the best way they can.
A revolution cannot be done alone, and we need the best and brightest talent to continue our growth into the new modern workplace. We are looking to expand our team by hiring a new Senior Data Scientist, a team player who is ready to make the role their own and bring their own ideas and innovations to the table. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will be supporting our data platform team.
- Work on and shape an uncharted domain/greenfield data science project.
- Identify business problems and find the right data/mathematical techniques to address them.
- Develop machine learning models to classify objects, identify patterns, support decisions, make recommendations, predict outcomes.
- Create high-quality data visualizations.
- Educate and train others on Data Science related matters. Present mathematical models in a clear and informative way.
- You have a Masters or Ph.D. degree in applied mathematics, computer science, or other quantitative discipline.
- You have 5+ years of experience as a data scientist.
- Prior experience with SQL and NoSQL.
- You understand the concept of distributed systems/computing.
- You know a variety of classification, regression, clustering, dimension reduction, ensemble etc. techniques, for example, random forest, linear/logistic regression, CNN, SVM, PCA.
- You have at least theoretical knowledge about the NLP techniques.
- You are experienced with modern data science tools, for example, Databricks/Jupyter notebook, AutoML/MLOps/MLFlow/SageMaker/Azure ML.You have experience with some of Spark/MLlib and/or Python ML libraries, for example, NumPy, Scipy, SciKit-Learn, Pandas, TensorFlow/Keras/PyTorch, OpenAI, OpenNLP, and you always know which one to use.
- You understand why data wrangling is vital. You know how to build ML pipelines, tune hyperparameters train/test/validate/evaluate/deploy models.
- You know data visualization tools, for example, Plotly, Seaborn, Matplotlib.
- You feel comfortable with at least one of the Cloud providers.
- Passion for building something new, explore uncharted areas, learning new techniques and methodologies.
- Experience with productionalization of data science solutions.
- You are a storyteller and have tens/hundreds of stories about earlier projects.
What We Value
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You are an out of the box thinker.
- You have fluency in English.
What We Offer
- Opportunity to work a company that is revolutionizing the market and is experiencing exponential growth.
- Allow your inspirational ideas to come to life in a highly creative and executional environment.
- Opportunity to work remotely.
- Ability to work in an organization with over 40 nationalities all over the world, which embraces diversity, inclusion, and belonging at its core.
- The opportunity to challenge in a high performing organization and leave each day knowing you have made an impact.
This position description may not describe all duties, responsibilities, and skills associated with this position. It is intended to portray the major aspects of the job. Other duties or skills may be required.
Elements Global Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Elements is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Elements is based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Elements will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Elements encourages applicants of all ages.
This role may be subject to a background check after an employment offer has been made and final employment will be subjective to a positive result, in addition, reference may be requested at the final stage of the process.