- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Experience in SQL
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Hands-on and excellent experience in SQL
- 5+ years of work experience with ETL, Data Modeling, and Data Architecture.
- 3+ years experience using at least one of the Big Data technologies (Parquet, Spark, Hadoop, Presto, EMR, etc.)
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Scala, or Python
Job summary Are you passionate about data? Does the prospect of dealing with massive volumes of data excite you? Do you want to build data engineering solutions that process billions of records a day in a scalable fashion using AWS technologies? Do you want to create the next-generation tools for intuitive data access? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you! FinTech is seeking a Data Engineer to join the team consisting of software engineers and data engineers, and shaping the future of the finance data platform. We are committed to building the data stores, and enabling machine learning-based Forecasting applications and Risk Management capabilities for Amazon's rapidly growing and dynamic businesses. Our data platform is used to power data-driven decision-making in Finance and Risk Management through a timely, accurate, and actionable manner. As a Data Engineer, you are an expert in designing data models and data pipelines at scale. You have deep understanding of wide-variety options building datalake, data pipeline, and data workflow orchestration. You enjoy diving into datasets and learning about the data classification, data governance, consumption patterns, availability requirements, use cases while making design tradeoffs. You have strong analytical skills and are capable of communicating with stakeholders and customers to understand their needs and develop the best solution answering their questions with data. You will be building scalable data ingestion and transformation pipeline, delivering self-service solutions to our customers, allowing them to be self-sufficient with analytics. You are enthusiastic about learning new technologies and eager to adopt them to delight our customers. Ideal candidates thrive in this fast-paced environment and relish working with large volumes, enjoy the challenge of highly complex business contexts, and, is a passionate about data and analytics. In this role you will take a part of Amazon's journey to Work Hard, Have Fun and Create history! Key job responsibilities * Design and develop scalable and maintainable data products to democratize the data for data science and analytics. * Build efficient and high performance data models to help the customers unlock data driven business decisions. * Interface with cross-functional teams to gather the requirements and deliver end to end products. * Develop subject matter expertise in the FinTech data and build solutions to help discover the datasets. * Implement and simplify self-service data query and analysis capabilities of the BI platform to Customers. * Stay up to date on emerging technologies, experimenting and implementing where appropriate. * Triage possible courses of action in a high-ambiguity environment, and adopt quantitative analysis and business judgment when making design decisions. * Implement and simplify self-service data query and analysis capabilities of the BI platform to Customers.
* 3+ years experience with AWS services including S3, Redshift, EMR and RDS. * 5+ Years experience with SQL or other query languages * Ability to distill ambiguous customer requirements into a technical design * Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy. * Experience providing technical leadership and educating other engineers for best practices on data engineering. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.