As a Data Scientist in the Roche Diabetes Care, R&D - Algorithm and Advanced Analytics function, you will work with real world data to generate population and personalized diabetes decision support algorithms; develop actionable insights from medical records (EMRs) and device data and support deployment of these algorithms into cloud-computing platforms.
You will collaborate with peers within the function and across the organization (e.g. Data Management, Medical Affairs, Operations, and the business franchises) to support all phases of the product life cycle from feasibility to post-launch. The data will be varied in type (e.g., sensor measurements, text, images, acoustic, etc.) and supplemented by clinical data. They may come from a variety of sources - real-world data, electronic medical records, clinical trials, etc. The evidence and insights will be used to inform product concepts, design choices, algorithm architecture, failsafes, and deployment of products that support healthcare decisions by patients, physicians, and payers.
You will benefit from a knowledge of diabetes, clinical practice, healthcare environment, as well as strong scientific and technical data science expertise. You will need strong collaboration and communication skills, as well as an entrepreneurial mindset. You will need to be a self-starter who is capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Support the function with the delivery of algorithms and advanced analytic solutions for diabetes decision support systems.
- Ideate and make recommendations on fit-for-purpose data and analytics solutions.
- Use advanced analytics tools as needed to develop a comprehensive and deep understanding of the data to extract actionable insights.
- Stay current with and adopt emergent analytical methodologies, tools and applications to ensure fit-for-purpose and impactful approaches.
- Be rigorous and accurate in coding and analysis; communicate complicated analyses effectively to an interdisciplinary audience; ensure compliance with applicable pharma industry regulations and standards.
- Collaborate and contribute to functional, cross-functional groups, initiatives on methodologies, innovations, technology, IT infrastructure, etc. to enable broader and more effective use of data analytics for patient care.
Key Skills and Expertise
- Masters in a quantitative data science discipline (e.g., computer science, physics, mathematics, bioinformatics, computational biology, statistics/biostatistics).
- 3+ years of experience with two or more of the following languages: R, Python, SAS, Matlab.
- 3+ years of experience with traditional statistical modeling, biosystem simulation and analysis, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Experience or familiarity with EMR systems or other type of big data storage systems
- Basic knowledge of software concepts, like version control, containerization and cloud computing.
- Experience in executing data science projects.
- Strong collaboration skills and excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to teach others and willingness to learn new techniques.
- PhD in a quantitative data science discipline (e.g., computer science, physics, mathematics, bioinformatics, computational biology, statistics/biostatistics).
- Experience in medical device industry or pharmaceutical industry or similar regulated setting.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, self-starter and ability to operate independently.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Research & Development, Research & Development > Modelling & Simulation