Job Description :
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal Credit is the simple, flexible credit line built into your PayPal account. The PayPal Credit Risk Organization is responsible for managing the risk throughout the lifecycle of PayPal's Credit products. This is an exciting, fast-paced organization where the contribution by team members can significantly impact PayPal's bottom line as well as our customers' experience. We're looking for an Analyst to join the team and help in our efforts to manage PayPal Credit risk globally. You will lead the design and execution of safer experiences for our users and will work on the complex task of keeping fraudsters away from PayPal Credit products. If you're looking to make an impact at the red-hot intersection of ePayments, consumer lending and online risk management, you're at the right place. This role is with the Fraud Strategy and Analytics team in the Global Pay Later team. This team is part of PayPal's Risk organization and is responsible for mitigating fraud on PayPal's global installment products.
Fraud Strategy & Analytics team is responsible for mitigating fraud on PayPal's installments and revolving products globally.
- Conceive, design, and monitor fraud risk management strategies to manage fraud losses and improve business profitability for consumer lending products
- Identify opportunities and gaps within the current portfolio of PayPal's Fraud Risk controls, including continuously evolving fraud trends
- Formulate & propose solutions to ensure optimal balance between user experience, business enablement, operational expense and loss exposure
- Communicate concise and actionable business strategies and present new strategy recommendations to senior management for approval
- Monitor performance of existing & new solutions and optimize to ensure desired results
- Work closely with partners in Risk Platform, Data Sciences, Operations, Product Management, Legal & Compliance and other teams to formulate and execute fraud risk solutions
- Collaborate with external partners, including external credit/banking partners and data vendors
Education, Experience & Required Skills:Â
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Finance, Economics or related quantitative discipline
- 7+ years proven fraud risk analytics experience or equivalent
- Must be an intuitive, organized analytical thinker, with the ability to perform detailed analysis
- Proficiency in SQL and Excel. Proficiency in at least one statistical analysis tool: SAS / R / Python
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills a must including the ability to explain and/or present analysis
- Ability to contribute to strategic discussions and represent Risk in cross-functional meetings
- Ability to manage a large, diverse set of to-do's – prioritize, stay on top of multiple workstreams, monitor progress
- Ability to work with leadership & stakeholders to define project scope and direction, driving large pieces of the work independently
- Ability to manage and mentor junior team members
- Experience working with cross-functional, geographically distributed teams, managing by influence is a plus.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.