TENICA is looking to hire a TS/SCI Data Engineer.
Job location: Bolling AFB, Washington DC
- Support the identification, prioritization, and scheduling of data modeling and processing requirements with users
- Report the status of all data extraction, transformation, and load activities
- Re-construct data provided in XML, delimited text, email (e.g. eml, mbox, pst), and a variety of database systems (SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL);
- Apply semantic data modeling techniques to classify, aggregate, and generalize data stored in hierarchical, network, or relational database management systems to define the meaning of data within the context of its interrelationships with other data
- Validate semantic data models with users
- Transform semantic data models into physical database designs
- Design physical database management systems to represent semantic data models, including relational and object-relational Databases (e.g. Postgress, SQL Server, MySQL), Key value stores, Inverted Indexes (Lucene, Elastic Search), and distributed file systems (e.g. Tachyon, HDFS);
- Write software code and scripts, and use commercial-off-the-shelf, government-off-the-shelf, and open source software to extract objects (e.g. entities, events,documents, and relationships) from structured and unstructured data and multimedia (e.g. exit).
- Write software code and scripts and use commercial-off-the-shelf, government-off-the-shelf, and open source software to transform entities, and the apply general data cleansing, transformation, and augmentation methods
- Create and maintain a repository of software code and scripts (e.g. Java and Python), for rapidly extracting, transforming, and loading a variety of structured and unstructured data sources.
- Integrate software code and scripts for the automation of repeatable extract, transform, and load
TENICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
TENICA and Associates LLC is a provider of government services and consulting solutions in the areas of national defense, homeland and cyber security. TENICA provides knowledgeable and experienced subject matter experts to perform a variety of professional services, logistics and supply chain management, crisis prevention and response, and information technology solutions to solve dynamic security challenges. Founded in 2008 and based in Chantilly, Virginia, TENICA is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned, Woman Owned, Small Business (SDVOB and WOSB) and is a participant in the Small Business Administration’s 8(a) business development program.