JUNIOR IT DATA ANALYST
Applegreen is in a rapid growth phase and is seeking to onboard a Junior IT Data analyst with the skills, experience and dynamism to help deliver projects in a fast-paced retail environment.
This role is a 12 month FTC.
The role will form part of the Group IT team and is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to excel.
As Applegreen evolves, the responsibilities of this role will too. The core responsibilities will centre around creating and supporting an interface which will aid the Applegreen implementation of Oracle EPM. This position requires an understanding of financial data which sits being an ERP system which will then be used to consolidate our financial company performance.
Over and beyond the above, you will:
- have an understanding and working experience of concepts such as Smartforms and/or VBA.
- have experience in the areas of solution design, development, troubleshooting and debugging.
- support the finance teams to ensure the continuity of the quality of data, managing internal and external stakeholders expectations accordingly.
- Have some experience in Data migration
- Data Improvement, fixing and support
- Assist other internal teams in providing diagnoses and fixes for issues raised by the platform
- Design, document and validate technical solutions
- Debug and fix code written by yourself and other members of the organization
The Candidate should have the following skills:
- Experience of working with SAP S4/Hana would be advantageous.
- At least 1 years’ experience of working as a data analyst or a similar position.
- Design, develop and deploy reporting solutions.
- Monitor critical daily batch flows through multiple internal systems, with an appreciation of the full dataset and its impacts to users
- Liaise with our onshore/offshore resources, implementing our data quality strategy
- Liaise with third party vendors to develop and implement interfaces for integration with Applegreen’s data structures.
- Prioritise ad-hoc reporting requests.
- Identify and find solutions to missing or incomplete data scenarios.
- Improving/troubleshooting system performance.
- Follow data standards and change management process
Established in 1992, Applegreen is a leading convenience roadside retailer in the Republic of Ireland, the UK and the US in both large-scale Motorway Service Areas and Travel Plazas, as well as smaller petrol stations. The business has grown to over €3BN in annual revenue, operating 559 forecourt sites internationally and employing over 11,000 people. Our products and services include large scale food and beverage operations, convenience stores, roadside refuelling including electric vehicle channels, in addition to a number of other ancillary business lines for example our hotels and gaming business in Welcome Break and our commercial fuel and airline refuelling business. We partner with a large number of high-quality international brands in each market including Starbucks, Burger King, Subway, Greggs, KFC, 7-Eleven, Chopstix, Freshii etc in addition to our own proprietary Bakewell brand. In 2021 Applegreen moved from a PLC to a private ownership company structure in partnership with Blackstone Infrastructure Partners.
At Applegreen, it’s our people that make us a success. We collaborate as a growing international business, while ensuring locally led high performing teams in each of our regions. Each region has distinct elements in its culture while operating within a Group culture that is built around a clear employee proposition considering the needs of all our people. There is a strong entrepreneurial culture in the business which is driven by the founders who started the business more than 25 years ago and are still closely involved with the business today.