JOB SCOPE AND MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
The candidate will utilize her/his analytical, statistical, and programming skills to collect, analyze, and interpret large data sets to define eyewear market potential. This individual will help in identifying key business drivers to be used in modeling projects and assessing outcomes from previous implementations. He/She will be focused on innovation and the development of complex models to improve the business teams’ decision-making. He/She will act as a thought – provoker and create a culture to resolve business needs utilizing a fact-based approach.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND RELATED ACTIVITIES:
- A - Market Potential Project: use predictive modeling to define market potential
- B - Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new/external data sources and data gathering techniques.
- C - Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets to define market potential
- D - Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- E - Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- F - Interpret and present data in a meaningful and actionable format that allows the leadership team to derive relevant insights
NETWORK OF INTERACTION:
INTERNAL : Market Strategy team, CRM team, Omnichannel team, Research team, IT team
EXTERNAL : Consultant
TECHNICAL SKILLS – PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE:
- A - Proficient in programming languages & Software development tools: Python, SQL, Git
- B - Data Visualization & Business Intelligence tools: PowerBI, Qlik
- C - Analytical and statistical capabilities: Skilled in various forecasting, modeling, and Machine Learning methodologies. Able to interpret findings into relevant, actionable and understandable business insights
- D - Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to synthesize analyses into simple and clear written communications
- E - Experience with SAP Business Objects or similar reporting tools
- F – Excellent project management skills. Able to coordinate different departments/stakeholders.
- G – Business acumen. Able to recognize business priorities and opportunities.
Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Information Technology or similar
Experience in Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Business Intelligence
5+ years relevant work experience