The selected applicant will serve as the Data Engineer for an integrated contractor team, supporting high-fidelity/high-resolution modeling of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) in a virtualized, high-performance, high-capacity environment to provide Modeling and Simulation as a Service (MSaaS). The qualified candidate will be responsible for supporting the Integration, Test and Verification of large-scale data storage environments to support the Missile Defense Agency’s digital modeling/simulation programs. This includes working with many of the following technologies: data pipelines, data services, operational data stores, data warehouses, data marts, big data stores, data mining, big data visualization and experiment designs. The right individual will display both a passion for data science and leading a cultural change in how data is used throughout the organization regarding these efforts. Some travel is required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, create, build & maintain ETL data pipelines
- Automate processes, optimize data delivery & re-design the complete architecture to improve performance.
- Handle, transform & manage Big Data using Big Data Frameworks & NoSQL databases.
- Build complete infrastructure to ingest, transform & store data for further analysis & business requirement.
- Stand up and operate integrated data capabilities, including both databases and flat file structures.
- Integrate hardware, software and network components to facilitate delivery of data management and transformation capabilities.
- Implement monitoring and metrics
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Science or Engineering discipline plus two (2) years directly related experience in data.
- This position requires the selected candidate have an active DoD Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Proficiency using a data ETL tools like Apache NiFi and Apache Kafka.
- High level data literacy
- Python developer
- Bash script writer
- Working knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Proficient in data security management
- Experience with data systems RDBMS (MySQL, MariaDB, Postgres), NoSQL (MongoDB), and the Hadoop Ecosystem
- Experience with file, object (ECS), and block storage
- Expertise in high availability, backup/recovery, performance tuning and install/upgrade in data system technologies
- Security+ certified
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Position requires that candidate possess, or be able to acquire an active SECRET security clearance in order to access classified information. Inability to maintain a security clearance will result in candidate being ineligible to support this position.
Benefits offered can be found here: Benefits PeopleTec. In compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is approximatel $100,000 to $160,000 however, PeopleTec considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate's work experience, education/training, and critical skills.
People First. Technology Always.
PeopleTec, Inc. is an employee-owned small business founded in Huntsville, AL that provides exceptional customer support by employing and retaining a highly skilled workforce.
Culture: The name PeopleTec was deliberately chosen to remind us of our core value system - our people. Our company's foundation was built on placing our employees and customers first. With an award-winning atmosphere, we have matured into a company that boasts the best and brightest across multiple technical fields.
Career: At PeopleTec, we value your long-term goals. Whether it's through our continuing-education opportunities, our robust training programs, or our People First benefits package, PeopleTec truly believes that our best investments are our people.
Come Experience It.
PeopleTec, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following email address, ApplicationHelp@peopletec.com and/or phone number (256.319.3800) to contact us about your interest in employment with PeopleTec, Inc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. PeopleTec, Inc. participates in E-Verify.