Accelerating the adoption of data science in Switzerland
The Swiss Data Science Center (SDSC) is a joint venture between ETH Zurich and EPFL. We have been mandated by the Swiss Confederation to accelerate the adoption of data science in academia and industry. The SDSC provides a stimulating, startup-like, cross-disciplinary environment at one of the leading Swiss universities and offers opportunities for turning academic research into impactful solutions. With our excellent ties to research groups worldwide, both academic and industrial, we have access to state-of-the-art infrastructure and resources.
Why apply to the SDSC?
Are you passionate about data science, familiar with machine learning and keen on deepening your experience on the topic? Are you willing to solve industry challenges while being coached by experienced data scientists? Would you love to work in a startup-like mindset, but think that collaborating with an academic structure is a definite plus? Are you eager to be part of a diverse and adaptable team with growth opportunities of its members at its core? If you can answer yes to these questions, you should consider joining us. We are a growing team of passionate data scientists who tackle business challenges and provide actionable results. Together, we will help move the Swiss Industry to the next level of data science.
- Design, implement, and test machine learning systems to solve industry challenges
- Be involved in all aspects of a data science research project, from business understanding to proof of concepts and communication of achievements.
More specifically, in this role you will:
- Meet customers in order to understand their business needs and design specific data science solutions to solve selected problems.
- Code and test the proposed solution (PoC), communicate results to stakeholders and provide final reports of the work done and related results.
- Present data science results to other non-technical audiences on occasion.
We are a looking for candidates with the following profile:
- Master degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or similar field (PhD is a plus).
- Ability to present results to different audiences (technical, non-technical).
- Solid knowledge of machine learning concepts and programming skills in Python, R or a similar language.
- 1-3 years of data science experience within Industry is highly appreciated.
- Fluency in English (French/German is an asset).
- Openness to collaborative work, eagerness to learn new concepts and methods, willingness to contribute to an inclusive environment.
- Solid knowledge in NLP / Computer Vision is a plus.
- Inspiring environment.
- You will have the opportunity to be coached by data scientists with an academic background as well as industry experts.
- When dealing with data engineering aspects, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with our system specialists.
- The academic environment will allow you to grow your machine learning and statistics skills thanks to trainings.
ETH Zurich is one of the world’s leading universities specialising in science and technology. We are renowned for our excellent education, cutting-edge fundamental research and direct transfer of new knowledge into society. Over 30,000 people from more than 120 countries find our university to be a place that promotes independent thinking and an environment that inspires excellence. Located in the heart of Europe, yet forging connections all over the world, we work together to develop solutions for the global challenges of today and tomorrow.
We look forward to receiving your online application including cover letter, CV and diploma(s). Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
Further information about the Swiss Data Science Center can be found on our website www.datascience.ch. Questions regarding the position should be directed to Mylène Tressens, email email@example.com (no applications).