WHO YOU ARE
Hej! I’m Santiago Salgado, and I lead the Data & Analytics team within IKEA for Food, a global team of diverse and highly talented individuals with a mission to shape our digital future. IKEA’s core vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people, so we provide value creation from data-driven decision making, delivering digital solutions that will cater for the needs of our millions of customers worldwide!
Our diverse and global team within Data & Analytics and our Digital Hub is growing fast. We are currently looking for a Data Analyst with strong knowledge and focus on Business Intelligence. We would love to talk with you if you recognize yourself in most of the following:
• You have strong focus, motivation and experience in building and maintaining critical Business Intelligence reports and dashboards to support decision making (PowerBI expertise preferred).
• You consider data to be the starting point for solving (almost) any business question, and you are passionate about the possibilities of data & analytics.
• Have a taste for presenting results with a clear visual and convincing storyline in a way that is easy to understand for both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Able to evaluate the potential and usability of raw, unstructured internal and external data sources for use in product analytics and data-driven decision-making.
• Enjoy applying your hands-on knowledge in SQL and programming skills (Python/R) to work with large datasets.
• Understand how to process event-based data that is triggered as users interact with systems, websites, or applications (e.g. Google Analytics).
• Have broad experience driving digital product development with analytical insights. (e.g. creating and monitoring metrics, KPI’s, optimizing customer journeys, settings, running and analyzing experiments to test hypotheses and draw clear product recommendations).
• Have a self-starter, autonomous, agile, proactive problem-solving mindset.
• Have at least +3 years of relevant experience as a BI/Data Analyst or equivalent role.
• Preferably an BSc/MSc educational background in engineering, statistics, data science, applied mathematics, computer science or equivalent.
• A team player who takes ownership, builds cross-functional relationships and loves sharing knowledge.
• You speak and write fluently in English, and you want to work in an international and dynamic environment.
• Are a curious world class problem solver who wants to keep learning.
• Interested to shape the future of IKEA Food Digital products that will have a global impact!
This is our wish list! If you don’t recognize yourself in every one of these points, you might still be an excellent candidate for the role. We are looking for exceptional individuals and like to think long-term investing in people’s development together with us.
The IKEA culture and values are very much a part of our business and day to day work life. For you to thrive and grow with IKEA it’s important for us that you share our values! You can read more regarding our values and life at IKEA on our website: https://bit.ly/IKEA-Key-Values
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
In every culture, Food is more than just food. It is a vehicle to convey positive values and share experiences, as it brings people together. At IKEA Food Digital, we bring Food experiences into the digital space by creating customer centric and data driven products that unleash the full potential of Food across the entire value chain, from store operations to the everyday life of the many people at their homes.
We aim to streamline Food operations and help our 22,000+ co-workers with better digital products that allow them to gain more control of their time and focus on their jobs to provide better experiences to our customers.
We want to digitally connect with our customers while they are in our stores, by activating new digital and interactive touchpoints, and at their homes, by reaching them at their convenience, anywhere, anytime.
Imagine the many people enjoying sustainable, affordable, and healthy Swedish Food, trusting IKEA, feeling comfortable and loyal to IKEA brand and values. Imagine our stores becoming a beacon of a new era of retail, based on positive values, where customers gather and socialize around our Food range offer. Imagine being part of that community and live the IKEA values everyday: Affordable, Sustainable, Accessible services. For everyone, everywhere, anytime.
Food goes digital. Join us!
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
• A team of great colleagues to learn with and from (with world-class experience across all aspects of Data & Analytics) along with other exceptional colleagues from product owners to engineers or digital experience designers. Moreover, you are encouraged to collaborate with other Data & Analytics colleagues in other specialist teams.
• The opportunity to create real and measurable global impact, participating in the definition, growth, and performance optimization of IKEA for Food. Most things remain to be done so it’s the perfect time to join.
• Flexible and modern tools: we deploy on Google Cloud Platform, and we use a lot of open-source tools across the board.
• Your choice between Mac and Windows.
• Continuous learning (we aim to spend 20% of our working time on learning).
• Flexible, sustainable, and friendly working environment (we also like to have fun!) in a truly value-based company.
• This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package.
• Fantastic career opportunities in a large global organization, with a servant leadership style and lots of possibilities to take ownership.
• Flexible work hours, and remote work available.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
The role is based in (San Sebastián de los Reyes) Madrid, Spain
If you have questions about the role, please reach out to the hiring manager, Santiago Salgado, at email@example.com
If you have questions regarding the recruitment process or other practicalities, please reach out to Carl-Johan Andersson, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we ONLY accept applications in English and that we cannot process any applications through email. We are looking forward to hearing from you!