About The Role:
We are looking for a Distinguished Machine Learning Engineer to join our AI team whose mission is to make FactSet an ML-powered product. As a Distinguished Machine Learning Engineer, you will work on incorporating Large Language Models (LLMs), embeddings, and other AI technologies into FactSet products in a high-quality way. You’ll be exploring the boundaries of what’s possible with ML technology and finding innovative ways to apply new industry learnings to FactSet’s offering.What You'll Achieve:
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- Work with the team to prototype and experiment with AI model quality improvements, either by fine tuning, prompt engineering, or building new models when needed.
- Help more junior team members become productive building LLM-based products.
- Productionize and launch new AI technology integrations into FactSet’s products.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver product features on time.
- Stay up to date with the latest AI technologies and trends.
Teacher, and Learner: You have experience building AI products using LLMs, embeddings or other ML natural language technologies. 6+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, recommendation or ranking systems, natural language understanding/generation or artificial intelligence. You’re excited about bringing your pre-existing knowledge to the team, but you balance that with perpetual curiosity and understanding that there is always more to learn.Holistic Problem Solver:
You approach problems holistically, starting with a clear and accurate understanding of the context. You think critically about the implications of what you're building and how it will impact real people's lives. You can navigate ambiguity flawlessly, decompose complex problems into clean solutions, while also balancing the business impact of what you’re building.Communicate with Care:
You communicate nuanced ideas clearly, whether you're explaining technical decisions in writing or brainstorming in real time. In disagreements, you engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and compromise when needed. You enjoy collaborating with both fellow engineers and cross-functional partners. You are a lifelong learner and invest in both your own growth and the growth, learning, and development of your teammates.Impact Driven:
You care about business impact and prioritize projects accordingly. You understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line. You think critically about the implications of what you're building, and how it shapes real people's lives. You understand that reach comes with responsibility for our impact—good and bad. Work isn't a solo endeavor for you, and you enjoy collaborating cross-functionally to accomplish shared goals.Technical Skills:
- Ideally, you possess a Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or relevant field with a focus on machine learning.
- Familiar with the state-of-the-art deep learning and natural language processing research.
- Extremely proficient in developing end-to-end NLP models using Python and NLP libraries like Weights and Biases, ONNX Runtime and HuggingFace.
- Familiar with PyTorch.
- Must have experiences training and / or fine-turning Large Language Models using PEFT.
- Experience optimizing and deploying LLMs to production is a big plus.
- Experience in RLHF is a big plus.
- An excellent communicator with strong organizational, problem-solving, debugging, and analytical skills
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making software toolmaking ubiquitous, we want to hear from you.
The budgeted salary range for this position in the states of California, Connecticut and New York is $250,000.00 - $300,000.00.“NOT OPEN TO AGENCY SUBMISSIONS AT THIS TIME.”
At FactSet, we celebrate diversity of thought, experience, and perspective. We are committed to disrupting bias and a transparent hiring process. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. FactSet participates in E-Verify
FactSet is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity