Introduction to the job
Are you the talented data scientist with business acument hat can generate actionable insights from Big Data?
Are you able to identify, developand apply the most effective and robust machine learning or process mining approachto analyze complex transactional data patterns and apply the results to improve ASMLwork procedures and business processes?
Do you consider it part of your job to connect to diverse business stakeholders and support the definition and implementation of data-driven solutions, then read on!
Role and responsibilities
Develop data models and support the generation of business insights by using a combination of cross-sector data sources and applying leading analytics tools and technologies in order to enable optimization of ASML and customer value.
Enable predictive and prescriptive capability using the data models.
Be the partner in crime to connect business insights demand with IT solutions.
As a Data Scientist you are responsible for:
- Independent and creative investigation, modeling and development of data-driven Machine Learning, pattern recognition, feature extraction, model evaluation methods, algorithms and pipelines
- Provide guidance to business stakeholders in how to apply advanced data analytics methods dependent on the nature of the challenge, the expected insights to be gained, and the quality, density and quantity of available data
- Work closely with domain experts to find and validate causal relationsand to interpret predictive models
- Ensure documentation and knowledge sharing at various levels in the organization
- Provide quality output withthe data science team
- Competence development of data science
- Share your knowledge and insights with colleagues from different disciplines
- Contribute to process mining and process analytics competence development activities
- Apply andfurther develop methodologies and modelsand generate new and innovative solutions
- Leverage your professional network to accelerate knowledge and skills build-up
Education and experience
Master or Bachelor's degree in Machine Learning, Data Science, Process Mining, Applied Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics or related field
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Experience with process mining(e.g. at least one of the tools Celonis, Disco, PRoM, PM4Py) or data mining on structuredand unstructured data
- Knowledge of data modelling, cleansing and transformation(ETL)
- Affinity with data and business intelligence platforms, data analysis and process analytics tools and data visualization and reportingtechniques(Spotfire,KNIME, Disco, etc)
- Affinity withAgile way of working (e.g. JIRA, CRISP-DM, Scrum, Kanban)
- Ability to apply the latest analysisand modelingtechniquesin the fields of process/data mining, machine learning, exploratory data analytics
- Experience using tooling and environmentsfor analyzing large datasets (Python,R, SQL,cloud computing,etc.)
- Ability to train and evaluate predictive and prescriptive models on transactional data and to transfer this to industrialization requirements (e.g. model drift, active learning)
- Strong capability for problem solving, thinks creative, out of the box
- Good communicator and Analytics Translator:storytelling, knowledge sharing
- Affinity with process improvement, technology consulting, bridging technicaland business domains
- Able to work effective and constructive in multidisciplinary teams, drive towards implementation
- Professional communication: can explain and present technical matters within team
- Internal drive for efficiency and able to work disciplined and accurate
- Pragmatic, pro-active, ‘self-propelling’ way of working and able to operate in a dynamic environment
- Take responsibility: say what you do and do what you say
- Observe the wishes and needs of the customer, anticipate on them and then act accordingly.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.