- Join a passionate team and become part of a fun and inclusive culture
- Flexible work practices, ensuring a positive work-life balance
- Great perks including event tickets, onsite car parking and gym!
At Tennis Australia (TA) we are passionate about what we do and we have ambitious plans to continue to grow our game! We are currently experiencing an exciting period of transformation, which will significantly enhance TA’s capabilities and change the way our team works. We aim to deliver a progressive, immersive and enhanced experience for our players, fans, patrons and our own people through the effective delivery of enterprise technology services.
To help us achieve this we are seeking a Data Engineer
to develop and support Tennis Australia's data architecture and web application solutions for in-event broadcast and year-round distribution to various stakeholders. You will be comfortable working with databases and be familiar with the creation and maintenance of cloud-based infrastructure. This opportunity is a 2 year Fixed Term Contract.
About The Role
Reporting into the Senior Manager Game Analysis, in this role you will also:
- Create and maintain cloud infrastructure to merge and transform current data infrastructure
- Analyse and organise raw data to prepare the data for predictive modelling and analysis
- Build data pipelines to support current systems whilst enhancing capability to transition to an improved data infrastructure
- Implementation design and support of external systems
- Develop data integration processes (ETL, ELT) and maintain data sets in databases, data lakes and data warehouses
- Design, implement and maintain data-related solutions, utilising AWS capability
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and flexibly around product and technical challenges Collaborate with data analysts, data scientists and architects on multiple projects
What you will bring to the role:
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- 1+ years experience in AWS, IAM, VPC, ECS, ECR, EC2, Lambda, Cloudformation, S3, API gateway
- 1+ years experience in CloudFront, CloudWatch, CodePipeline, aws-cli
- High level skills in AWS Glue, Kinesis, RDS, Dynamo DB, Redshift, SQS, Cognito
- Software development, particularly in Python, Node.js, XML/JSON, Git
- Understanding of container technologies, particularly Docker
- Willingness to develop new skills whilst improving current expertise/skill set
- High quality documentation and written communication
- You must hold (or be willing to obtain) a current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
What’s in it for you?
- Career development with a range of formal education and on the job training opportunities
- Tickets to the Australian Open & Superbox tickets to concerts and events at Rod Laver & Melbourne Arenas
- Monthly health & wellbeing activities through our Serving Your Health program
- Onsite gym & tennis facilities
- Flexible working practices & free car parking
- Salary packaging & a range of discounts from our sponsorship partners
If you think you’re up to the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! A copy of the position description can be found here
. Please submit your resume and cover letter via our online application system. Please note, only applications submitted through our system will be considered.
Tennis Australia is committed to providing a safe environment for all tennis participants, including children and young people. It is essential everyone involved with delivering tennis in Australia understands their responsibility in relation to child-safety.
At Tennis, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. Tennis encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.
We believe playing makes life better and we are always on the lookout to talented people to join our team and help us create a playful world through tennis.
Even if we are not currently advertising the position that you are looking for today, we may be tomorrow. There are a number of ways that you can keep up-to-date with new opportunities as they happen.
We encourage you to create a profile and register for our job alerts, as well as follow Tennis Australia on LinkedIn to stay up to date on the latest news and opportunities.