This position is for Data Science team in NRS (Network Regulatory Solutions) division in S&P Global Market Intelligence. As a Data Scientist, you will provide high quality solutions using Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) that address business needs by working with a team of data scientist, application developers (in multiple global locations), and business stakeholders.
- Build and train machine learning and deep learning models to solve business problems using Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Computer Vision (CV) techniques such as named entity recognition (NER), Text Classification, Image Classification and Object detection etc.
- Own the complete model development cycle from building the model to deploying it in production.
- Design metrics and evaluation process to analyze the performance of the models
- Stay up to date on the cutting-edge techniques in Machine Learning and data science
Education And Experience
- Minimum B.Tech/B.E. Degree in computer science or equivalent background
- Strong computer science fundamentals including Algorithms, Data Structures
- 2+ years of Data Science/Machine Learning experience
- Hands on skills on using Python, Pandas, NumPy, Jupyter, scikit-learn , xgboost.
- Solid understanding of predictive modelling including linear and non-Linear regression, logistic regression, random forest, Support Vector Machines (SVMs), Ensemble learning, classification, clustering, supervised learning, unsupervised learning, dimensionality reduction, and time series forecasting models.
- Experience including TF-IDF, WordToVec, Glove, entity recognition, sentiment analysis and question answering plus
- Hands-on with advance NLP techniques including Transformers, BERT and GPT is a plus.
- In depth understanding of transfer learning, hyper-parameter tuning and distributed training
- Experience working with deep learning libraries like Keras, TensorFlow/Pytorch and HuggingFace.
- Experience working with large datasets, unstructured data(text), cleaning and manipulating data.
- Hands-on with model development in Cloud using AWS SageMaker is a plus.
- Practical experience with development and deployment on AWS infrastructure
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly in a rapidly changing AI landscape.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.