Are you an experienced data scientist looking to join an industry-leading team?
E Source develops groundbreaking data science applications that change the way utilities understand and manage their networks. We tackle challenging projects like forecasting the impact of severe weather on utility networks and optimizing vegetation management strategies. To conduct these projects, we leverage a combination of machine-learning models, inference-based statistics, and remote-sensing applications. Each project or product is collaboratively developed in-house by a data science team of diverse professional backgrounds and domain expertise. Ultimately, our work helps utilities enhance their electric reliability and prepare to adopt and deploy cutting-edge green energy technology.Required Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years conducting data science projects in industry or applied research – analytical design, managing schedule and communicating results to stakeholders.
- BS + 3 years of applied experience OR
- MS + 1 year of applied experience OR
- PhD with applied analysis in a related field of study
- Extensive experience fitting and assessing predictive models (statistical, machine learning) in R or Python.
- Experience conducting all phases of analysis, including data compilation, EDA, feature engineering, and generating deliverables.
- Experience working as part of a larger data science team, collaborating with technical or non-technical peers and stakeholders.
A Little About E Source
- Experience leading and overseeing the work of data scientists within a team
- Domain expertise in computer vision using deep learning models
- Domain expertise in the utility space (electric, gas, water)
- Domain expertise in geospatial analytics or using remotely sensed weather observations
- Experience developing and deploying interactive visualizations using R Shiny, Power BI, or other relevant tools
Since 1986, E Source has focused on partnering with utilities to help their customers save electricity. That novel approach defined the art of electric end-use efficiency—better known as energy efficiency. We’ve expanded that concept to include a broader perspective of sustainability for utilities that deliver electricity, natural gas, and water.
We work to enhance relationships with the people utilities serve, achieve the next generation of savings, and lead the carbon-reduction effort. We help utilities think differently, make data useful, and learn from the best strategies across the industry. Our people, our insights, and our network help our clients and give them the assurance that the programs they implement are the most effective.Benefits
- We offer excellent insurance packages, including medical, dental, and vision plans; company-paid life insurance; company-paid long- and short-term disability insurance; and medical and dependent-care flexible spending plans.
- We provide a flexible time off (FTO) program; E Source employees can take as many paid days off per year as they need, with manager approval, while fulfilling their work obligations and ensuring proper coverage of their responsibilities.
- We offer flexible schedules, flexible work locations, and a paid parental leave benefit.
- We provide a 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match.
The budgeted salary for this position is $102,600 to $156,600 (includes base salary + annual bonus).
Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
This person can work remote, a hybrid schedule, or from one of our physical office locations.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We’re unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.