Ths is a backfill for employee that is being scooped up by JNJ.
Will be undestanding the databases the cancer center uses and performing sql query resolution to interpret these relational databases. Candidates must answer the question below.
- You can write SQL querries o Do you understand table structures relational databases. JOB DESCRIPTION:
The DOCM has authority for all clinical research conducted at the Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania and as such is responsible for regulatory oversight of all clinical trials as well as being the single source of complete data for all aspects of clinical trial conduct and operations.
The DOCM Data Analysts will support the operational functions of the department including but not limited to development of standard and ad hoc reports, querying data upon request, investigating and resolving data quality issues including working directly with research teams to understand data origin and best practices for data collection to accomplish the data quality goals of the DOCM; development of data visualization and dashboards;
preparation and batch loading with quality control and validation of thousands of data points.
- Develop dashboard and other data visualization tools (Power BI preferred tool) to help tell a story and create a decision-making tool for the ACC.
- Extensive use of SQL Querying best practices for report and ad hoc queries.
- Execute validation checks, including data element inconsistencies, and investigate data discrepancies
- Creating and maintaining documentation of all activities including maintenance of a report library and procedural documents.
- Performing batch data loads and conducting data quality control reviews
- Daily practical work with Excel (pivot tables, vlookup, etc.)
- Project specification gathering, creating documentation, and meeting with stakeholders to demonstrate work. EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS: BS or higher with at least 3 years of experience directly related to the above responsibilities.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team structure as projects required.
- Outstanding time management, organizational and follow-through skills.
Must be comfortable working with multiple competing priorities and timelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced critical thinking, logic, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of relational databases.
- Experience articulating business questions and using mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data.
- Must be able to shift priorities with short notice to meet the priorities of the ACC DOCM.
- Clinical research experience is preferred but not required.
Data visualization, Power BI, SQL querying, data quality, excel, data management, clinical research, Sas programming, Programming, Statistical programming, Data analysis
Data visualization,Power BI,SQL querying,data quality,excel,data management,clinical research
- Additional Skills & Qualifications:*
OTHER DETAILS FOR ACTALENT:
- Employment will start on or after January 23, 2023
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Relocation support is not available for this position.
- This position is hybrid remote and may require an employee to work on campus as determined by the DOCM, therefore, candidates must live within a commutable distance to Penn’s campus.
This is not negotiable.
- Parking and transportation expenses are not provided by Penn.
- Contract staff who meet Penn’s criteria for exceptional performance may be offered the opportunity to convert to a permanent Penn employee following 12 months of service.
- Salary of a permanent employee may not be as high as the contract salary.
It is important for candidates who may want to convert to permanent employment to know this in advance.
Hiring managers at Penn do not set the offers to candidates, this is fully controlled by central HR.
- If a candidate is offered a permanent Penn position, they will be required to go through Penn’s 4-month probationary period.
This is not negotiable and is controlled by central HR.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.