icare is currently seeking an experienced Senior Data Scientist with a commercial mindset and a passion for social impact to join the icare team!
- Play a strategic role in continuously improving the data science capability within icare
- Permanent Opportunity
- Attractive remuneration package
We’re looking for someone to play a strategic role in continuously improving the data science capability within icare, contributing to industry-leading performance through the leveraging of new and creative analytical models, and employing the latest methods of machine learning.
We are looking for curious, enthusiastic, technically strong Data scientist with stakeholder management experience to join our team.
- Building Solutions: Must have work experience & should be able to demonstrate expert level skillset with respect to Statistical Modelling, Machine Learning, Advanced Analytics
- AWS Cloud - Should have strong hold on building & productionsing machine learning models preferably using AWS services like Sagemaker, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, etc.
- Python – Should be able to perform data preparation, data manipulation, exploratory data analysis, model building (statistical models / machine learning) & testing using Python. Advance level coding skills Required.
- SQL – Should be able to explore databases tables, write queries for data preparation (creating views, joins, etc.)
- Should have used Git / Bit bucket for version control in previous project work
- Experience of using CI/CD for datascience usecase preferred
- Software Development Experience preferred
- Problem Solving Aptitude Required
- Stakeholder Management Experience Required
- Ability to understand business requirements & translate it into data requirements
- Should be able to independently navigate within the system, different teams with minimum direction (good interpersonal skills, go getter attitude)
- Ask relevant questions to stakeholders which help in problem definition, data preparation & overall solution
What can you expect in this role?
It’s an exciting environment where no two days are the same. But on a typical day you might find yourself:
- Contribute towards establishing & maintaining a dynamic yet stable Data Science Platform on AWS. Implementing Machine Learning Solutions, Statistical Models, Recommendation Engines etc. to achieve operational excellence for icare.
- Work with icare project teams to productionize data science solutions using AWS Data Science Platform.
- Maintain a deep understanding of data, take initiative in conducting exploratory data analyses using SQL & Python, design experiments. In turn, helping build strategies to drive success and achievements of business goals and targets.
- Champion and promote the use of data science best practice across icare service lines. Provide thought leadership and insights on how data science can improve strategic outcomes and create a more personalised experience to customers for icare
- Coin datascience usecase & conduct POCs along with the team
- Work with stakeholders on ad-hoc projects and provide a data centric perspective for icare.
- Eager to learn and pick up new skills in the data space as the needs of the organisation evolves
We’re a new kind of organisation, one that’s as supportive and socially conscious as it is agile and explorative. Our DNA of commercial mind and social heart captures who we are at our core.
If you think you’re the right person for this role, send us your resume (up to 5 pages). Don’t delay as we’re assessing applications as they are received. We’d love to hear how your capabilities, achievements and experience set you apart.
We know our strength comes from the diversity of our people and so we want people with different experiences and backgrounds to apply. We recognise the importance of balance and flexibility and understand that it’s not a one size fits all approach, so we’d be happy to talk about and consider your specific needs.
If there are any accessibility adjustments you need to help you be able to apply for this role, or if you require any further information about the role, please contact Ruth Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
For temp roles - Please note that you must be an Australian citizen, a permanent resident of Australia, a New Zealand citizen with a current New Zealand Passport or a citizen of another country with a current visa that allows you to work in Australia for the duration of this temporary role.
- icare is the brand of Insurance & Care NSW
- For more information about icare visit our website
- icare operates a direct sourcing model so no agency introductions will be accepted