WHO YOU ARE
My name is Stefan Esping and I’m leading the Data & Analytics capabilities in the Customer Support sub-domain. For our Digital hub in Amsterdam & Malmö, we are looking for a senior data engineer to help improve the customer experience when needing support from IKEA. We have a huge amount of data that we want to use to improve our IT tools services and we need your help to achieve this. Come join us!
IKEA is taking huge steps in its digital transformation and our Data Engineers are working in cross-functional teams to transform IKEA into a more data driven company by building and supporting state-of-the-art data products.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer with minimum 5 years of professional experience as a (Junior) Data Engineer or Software Engineer, to join our diverse and growing team within Data & Analytics and we would love to talk with you if you recognize yourself in some of the following:
• Strong knowledge of advanced data structures, distributed computing, and cloud-based services, in particular Google Cloud Platform
• Strong knowledge of new and emerging tools for extracting, ingesting, and processing of large datasets (Dataflow, Apache Spark, Beam, Kafka, or equivalent)
• Extensive knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Java, Go, Python, or Scala), including concepts from functional and object-oriented programming paradigms
• Extensive knowledge of SQL for data processing and analysis, as well as tools such as DBT or Dataform
• Broad knowledge of digital product development principles and the importance of rapid validated learning cycles to optimise performance long term
• Broad knowledge of collaborative software engineering practices (Agile, DevOps), in which solutions evolve through the effort of self-organising cross-functional teams
• A team player who takes ownership, builds cross-functional relationships with senior peers, and loves sharing knowledge with more junior team members
• A curious world class problem solver who wants to keep learning!
This is our wish list! If you don’t recognize yourself in all these points, you might still be an excellent candidate for the role. We like to think long-term and invest in people’s development together with us.
The IKEA culture and values are very much a part of our business and day to day work life. For you to thrive and grow with IKEA it’s important for us that you share our values! You can read more regarding our values and life at IKEA on our website www.ikea.com.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
This Senior Data Engineer role will be driving the development of data products for delivering digital solutions that will improve the IKEA customers experience. The capability area handles most of the solutions used by our customer support centres globally such as communication platform, knowledge management, intelligence and reporting, staff planning, case management, returns management and also self-service solutions for things like appointment/event booking and order management. Most of these solutions have both a customer and co-worker facing part.
The home office for this role will be Malmö but we act as one global team and work together on global solutions. We see so many opportunities for what we can accomplish and have the ambition to be a world class team. At the same time, we believe that our work is not just about solving business problems, but also about learning and having fun together.
OUR TEAM WITHIN IKEA
You will work together with Data Analysts, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers and Data Architects. Together you will be joining cross-functional teams consisting of colleagues from Technology, Product, Design, that designs, implements and deploys products that help to solve these kinds of problems. Your job will a mix of understanding business needs, designing data solutions – and of course writing code.
We can offer you:
• Work on some very interesting problems as described above, and you are encouraged to spot new opportunities or to collaborate with Data & Analytics colleagues in other teams.
• Opportunities to have global impact with your work.
• Flexible and modern tools: we deploy on Google Cloud Platform and we use a lot of open source tools across the board.
• Hardware and OS of your choice.
• A team of great colleagues to learn with and from (with world-class experience across all aspects of Data & Analytics).
• Continuous learning (we aim to spend 20% of our working time on learning).
• Flexible and friendly working environment.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
Does this sound like your next challenge? IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global workplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
If you have questions regarding the recruitment process, please reach out to Olivia at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply in English and we can’t process any applications through email. Thank you!