At Wesfarmers, we believe in measuring success through impact. Our achievements are deeply rooted in the desire to continually reinvent ourselves for the brands we stand behind, destinations that many Aussie's call home. Think retailers like Bunnings, Kmart, Target, Catch, and Officeworks. Our work doesn’t stop there though, we also operate in the industrial sector which supplies the nation with chemicals, energy, and fertilizers, and industrial and safety products.
Join us as we embark on one of our most game-changing ambitions yet!
We aspire to lead in the data and digital space. But aspiration alone won’t get us there. So, we’ve committed to backing our vision with an additional $100 million investment, fast-tracked over the next 12 to 24 months.
We are looking for the brightest data, digital and tech talent in the industry to join us to build a revolutionary data and digital ecosystem from the ground up. It’ll be transformational work that will drive change across the industries we operate in.
What you will be doing:
Focused on the design and build of our Digital Ecosystem data flow requirements, this role will see you develop and deliver analytics and the broader customer and business roadmap.
Key duties and deliverables:
You will be responsible for optimising data architecture, patterns, and processes, as well as enhancing data flow and collection to be used by cross-functional teams. You will support and guide key individuals such as data scientists, data architects and data analysts on data initiatives to ensure optimal data sourcing and delivery across the business and platform.
What you will need:
- Extensive data engineering experience within a large organisation
- Well-developed communication, stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Experience designing efficient and robust ETL/ELT workflows and data modelling
- Proficiency in Python, SQL and Airflow will be highly regarded
- An understanding of distributed computing principles and data management
- Strong analytical, problem-solving capabilities and the ability to anticipate issues, challenges, and opportunities and manage them accordingly as well as being able to add value to business solutions
- Ability to work effectively in dynamic and diverse teams to gather and define business and technology requirements
- Tertiary qualifications in a Computer Science, Applied Statistics or a quantitative discipline (Software Engineering is a plus)
What’s on Offer:
- An opportunity to be a part of game-changing initiatives that will change the retail landscape
- An opportunity to add measurable value to the Digital Ecosystem’s success
- A competitive salary package and learning and development opportunities
- A work culture that encourages collaboration, ideas, and opportunities to grow and expand your skills
This is a unique opportunity to jump in at the beginning of what we believe to be one of our most game-changing ambitions yet. If this sounds like the challenge you’re looking for. For further information please contact Anna Hobern at email@example.com
Wesfarmers strives to create an inclusive and diverse work environment that promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation, or disability.