As a Data Engineer, you will work on digital, data-driven transformation initiatives alongside data scientists, developers and DevOps engineers. You will help visualize, design and build the core data platforms and services based on a data mesh approach, using proven best practices and modern tech stacks.
We're constantly looking for talented engineers across Cloud, Infrastructure, DevOps and Security, among others to add to our growing team in London. Therefore, even if some of the job duties are unfamiliar to you, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. We believe that new challenges inevitably lead to new opportunities.Responsibilties
- Design and deploy core platform components for a new data mesh driven solution
- Prioritize and deliver against a defined Backlog of Epics in an agile approach
- Review and demonstrate solutions with stakeholders and aligned agile pods
- Identify and implement automation opportunities to ingest, search and process datasets
- Liaise with peers within various business domains to facilitate the adoption of the new platform
- A strong Python programmer with data engineering skills
- Knowledgeable about object-oriented programming
- Experienced in the use and configuration of Kafka
- Interested in adopting data mesh solutions to deliver data-driven value at scale
- Able to work in an Agile environment
- Ready to work with global, diverse, cross-functional teams, and can develop and nurture good working relationships
- A strong decision-maker with excellent problem-solving, analytical and interpersonal skills
- An excellent written and verbal communicator
It would be great if you also had:
We Can Offer You
- Any experience in Apache Spark
- A background in financial services, banking and large enterprise environments
Diversity & Inclusion
- Immediate interviews and starts
- Market-leading rates
are fundamental to our culture, and Synechron is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiative ‘Same Difference’ is committed to fostering an inclusive culture – promoting equality, diversity and an environment that is respectful to all. We strongly believe that a diverse workforce helps build stronger, successful businesses as a global company. We empower our global workforce by offering flexible workplace arrangements, mentoring, internal mobility, learning and development programs.
All employment decisions at Synechron are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to the applicant’s gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.