- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative area such as math, statistics, computer science, economics, engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of professional experience in a business environment or advanced degree in a quantitative field.
- Experience with A/B testing, statistics and model development.
- Proficient in using SQL, ETL, Data Warehouse solutions and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
- Ability to process large data sets from multiple data sources.
- Ability to solve complex business problems.
Looking for a career at a company that seeks to be Earth’s most customer-centric company? If so, why not consider joining Amazon!
Are you passionate about leveraging data to deliver actionable insights that impacts the daily business decisions at Amazon? Does the prospect of dealing with large data excite you? Do you like getting scrappy with data to answer challenging product and customer behavior questions? Do you enjoy building flexible, performant, and global solutions for complex financial and risk problems? If so, here is a great opportunity to consider!
The Credit Systems team under the Business-to-Business Payments (B2BP) organization is seeking an outstanding Data Scientist who combines their technical expertise with business intuition to build flexible, performant, and global solutions for complex financial and risk problems. You will generate critical insights to set the strategic direction to enhance our product features & processes that will delight our customers.
As a Data Scientist on the Credit Systems team, you will design and build systems that support financial products. You will work closely with business partners, software and data engineers to build scalable solutions that deliver exceptional value for our customers. You will utilize intellectual and technical capabilities, problem solving and analytical skills, and excellent communication to deliver customer value. You will partner with product and operations management to launch new, or improve existing, financial products within Amazon Business.
The Credit System’s Pay-By-Invoice (PBI) is an exciting program designed to help businesses with lines of credit to facilitate their business spending needs. We take pride in building solutions that leverage key insights to help our business customers to be successful. We are looking for a talented and passionate Data Scientist who can develop a reliable, scalable, and technical infrastructure to serve our business customer needs and improve portfolio performance as we expand the program.
Key job responsibilities
You will help create our data assets, then use necessary technical methods and conduct analyses to derive insights that are critical to business success. You will be responsible for researching insights as well as educating the business, product, and marketing teams on the implementation of those insights to enable data-driven, day-to-day decision making. You will partner with these teams to:
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of business payment products and features.
- Use data mining, model building, and other analytical techniques to develop and maintain customer segmentation and predictive models to drive the business and improve our machine learning engine.
- Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and strategies to improve campaign targeting and measurement.
- Improve targeting capabilities and uncover hidden opportunities using data, analytics and machine learning.
- Understand business and product strategies, goals and objectives. Set the analytics roadmap to drive the goals of the business.
- Own the analytics for one or more product areas, lead planning, execution and delivery of projects
- Analyze and solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
- Interface with all internal related and ancillary teams to deliver data and analytics as requested.
- Provide support on experimental design, exploratory data analysis, and data management.
- Graduate degree in Math, Finance, Economics, or Statistics or other related fields from an accredited university.
- Experience in payments, business analysis, strategic consulting, marketing, product management, credit risk or fraud risk
- Experience in complex data cleansing, data validation and master data management.
- Experience translating analysis results into business recommendations.
- Experience in using Python, R, SAS, SPSS, Matlab or other Statistical / Machine Learning Software.
- Experience in data visualization tools like Quicksight, Tableau or similar BI tools.
- Hands on experience with statistical analysis and predictive modeling.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.