The Cat® Digital group is the digital and technology arm of Caterpillar Inc., responsible for bringing world class capabilities to our products and services. With almost one million connected assets worldwide, we're focused on using IoT and other data, advanced analytics, and ML/AI capabilities to help our customers build a better world. To accomplish this, we’re deploying analytics that generate insights, recommend optimized decisions, and improve products by intelligently integrating massive quantities of telematics information, transactional records, images, unstructured documents, and other data sources.
The Cloud Analytics Engineering team within Advanced IoT Analytics is seeking a talented and motivated data scientist to advance the data collection, preparation, manipulation, analytics, and reporting for cloud applications. This role will also be instrumental in improving quality of telemetry data coming into Caterpillar.
Example projects include:
- Improving data quality for telemetry data (time series, aggregate data, etc)
- Improving data quality for scheduled oil samples and other machine data
- Manipulating, transforming, and pre-processing data to speed up and improve analytics
and modeling projects
- Developing APIs to data for different types of applications and data formats
- Maintaining cloud data and resolving potential issues
- Applicants must have completed a BS undergraduate, or MBA, MS or PhD degree in Applied Statistics, Business Analytics, Business Intelligence & Analytics, Engineering (various), Computer Science, Computer Science + X, Informatics, Information Systems Management, Marketing Analytics, Mathematics, MBA with Technical Undergrad, Predictive Analytics, Statistics, or equivalent.
20% Travel Required
TOP CANDIDATE WILL ALSO HAVE:
- AWS Cloud Practitioner certification (or other advanced AWS certification)
- Experience with python (NumPy, SciPy, pandas, etc) programming
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience analyzing time series data files in HDF, netCDF, Parquet, Avro, or other big data file formats
- Experience with AWS boto3, S3, EC2, SQS, Fargate, etc
- Experience in machine, engine, transmission, automotive, or aerospace equipment
- Experience with software development tools like GIT, SVN, AZDO, Clearcase, etc
- Experience working with CAN / ethernet data acquisition systems (ex. Vector CANape, Kvaser, INCA, etc)
- Good communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated excellence in online computer coding challenges with Kaggle, TopCoder, Hacker Rank, etc
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.