Are you passionate about delivering best in class data science solutions? Do you have a background in identifying data led opportunities and translating them into business value? Do you want to be part of one of the largest technology transformations in the UK?
As a Lead Data Scientist there is the opportunity to lead and develop more junior data scientists in either a mentoring or line management capacity, as well helping drive the Data Science agenda more broadly within Asda by becoming part of the Asda Data Science Community.
- To work alongside and lead other Data Scientists within our Analytics & Decision Services function as part of Asda Business Services.
- To work in one of Asda's three Data Centres of Excellence that has capabilities across Data Engineering, Data Science, Planning and Forecasting, Business Intelligence, and Analytics and Insight.
- To partner stakeholders with various across Commercial, Retail, George and Supply Chain to develop Data Science and Machine Learning solutions.
- To deliver measurable return of investment through the commercial application of data science to business problems.
- To take the lead on delivering projects, working iteratively to understand the business problem and develop a solution.
- Developing machine learning pipelines and projects
- Translating requirements of the data science product into reality. Ensuring the best, most accurate way to make a prediction and using initiative and being proactive to make improvements for the business.
- Strong skills in Python, Pyspark and SQL, ideally moving beyond notebooks into productionised systems
- Experience working with cloud technologies, Azure DevOps, Azure Databricks
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience of CI/CD and version control
- Excellent understanding of statistics and machine learning
- Experience working with senior stakeholders and delivering value from data.
- The ability to lead, develop and motivate more junior data scientists.
- Experience in delivery of proposals, presentations, or recommendations to stakeholders at all levels
- Proven experience leveraging data/insight to drive business change, profitability or improvements and/or customer experience
If flexible working is important to you, then look no further! At Asda, we are proud of our culture and our commitment to flexible working. This role is based at Asda House, Leeds with the flexibility to work from home 3-4 days per week
You will also get an excellent benefits package including:
- Company car or £5,700 car allowance, plus discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.
If you have any questions, then please email Alexander.Thompson@asda.co.uk