Hi, we’re Carbyne. We’re on a mission to help emergency call centers save lives every day. As the leader in emergency collaboration technologies, we’re building a platform that brings game-changing capabilities to people in crisis, such as live video, instant chat, and location tracking. Our platform unifies the flow of life-saving information to emergency call centers, so they can handle emergencies faster than ever, and get to the right people, in the right place, at the right time. We currently provide services to over 400 million people in over eight countries around the world, and partner with Google, Cisco, Amazon, and Microsoft to deliver life-saving technologies. Want to join our mission-driven team? Read on.
About the role:
We’re on the search for a Data Engineer who takes part in building a new team and helps us develop brand new data products focusing on visualizing and analyzing data across a wide range of data sources and geographies. As a Data Engineer, you will create and manage data pipelines, visualizations, and real-time views and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge.
Our dream candidate has a background in data architecture, ETL, ELT, and business analysis. A person who is analytical and an excellent communicator. If you also have business acumen and problem-solving aptitude, this one’s for you!
Here’s what you’ll be working on:
- Translate business needs into technical specifications
- Design, build and deploy data pipelines and BI solutions (e.g. reporting tools)
- Maintain and support cloud-native data analytics platforms
- Create tools to ingest, transform and store data
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
- Create visualizations and reports for various product features
- Develop and update technical documentation
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or another relevant field
- 2-4 years of experience as a Data Engineer
- Development experience (Scala/Java - big advantage)
- Knowledge of tools such as Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, and Presto
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing, and ETL frameworks
- Familiarity with BI technologies
- Deep knowledge of SQL queries
- Proven ability to take initiative and be innovative
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
Bonus points for:
- Experience in the emergency services industry
- Experience with Amazon AWS or other cloud services
What else we’re looking for:
We’re a mission-driven team with a strong set of values. We take them pretty seriously here at Carbyne, and want to make sure that anyone who joins our team takes them seriously, too. If you grabbed coffee with any of our team members, you would see that we:
Innovate. We think differently, and don’t lean on standard conventions.
Strive to be better. We’re always looking to improve. We define goals and measure ourselves against them regularly.
Take ownership. We own our actions, complete our missions, and hold ourselves accountable for both. We care deeply about the success of Carbyne, our customers, our partners, and each other.
Are customer-first. We focus on making sure our customers are successful, and we build trust and practice full transparency at all times.
- Comprehensive health insurance
- 401k, matching up to 4% of your salary
- 12 weeks of full payment for maternity leave
- Unlimited vacation days
- Competitive options plan
- Reimbursement for internet and phone expenses
- One-time budget for purchasing home office settings
- Reimbursement for commuter expenses (if you work in the office)
- Unlimited Udemy courses
- Meal plan ($13/day)
Carbyne believes that every person has a right to equal employment opportunities without discrimination due to race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, pardoned record of offences, or any other basis protected by applicable law. We also strive for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibit harassment of any kind.
Note: We’re unable to sponsor employment visas at this time.