Your new company
A global logistics and supply chain giant.
Your new role
You will sit within the organisation’s APAC Innovation Center (Applied Analytics) that aims to spearhead the design and development of innovative customer-centric analytics solutions towards the development of new business concepts and value-add across the supply chain.
Analytics Solution Design and Development
- Design and implement innovative solutions using statistical models, machine learning and other data mining techniques
- Handle challenges of analysing real-world data, such as incompleteness, bias, class imbalance and high volatility
- Create effective visualizations and dashboards to communicate insights with end-users
- Support the development and deployment of scalable and robust software solutions, working with IT solutions engineers
- Engage with customer management teams to understand business requirements, project scope and develop a sound project plan
- Think strategically and creatively, to exploit data science for a competitive advantage
- Manage project implementation (for analytics scope only) to ensure that solutions are delivered on time and on requirements
Knowledge Development and Management
- Research and experiment with new advances in analytical methods, algorithms and tools to deepen and develop new capabilities (i.e. deep learning, optimization, parallel computing)
- Elevate team competencies by sharing the latest trends and best practices
- Support knowledge management by ensuring that learnings and insights arising from conferences, projects and industry engagements are documented
What you’ll need in order to succeed
- 2-5 years’ experience in Data Science & Analytics. End to end project + stakeholder engagement experience is a strong plus
- Experience with Python, including packages such as NumPy, Pandas and scikit-learn is a must.
- Experience in training, selecting and tuning machine learning models, employing techniques like data preparation, feature engineering, cross-validation and bagging/ boosting.
- Experience in data visualization tools or libraries such as Tableau, Power BI or packages in Python
- Experience with RDBMS such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MS SQL Server
- Domain experience in Manufacturing or Supply Chain industry is a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good project management and organization skills
- Enjoy self-direction, self-learning and creativity
- Good team player
Nice to have:
- Experience in developing NLP (Natural Language Processing)
- Experience with deployment and maintenance of models in production, e.g. APIs with capped response time, performance monitoring, automatic retraining and tracking data/ model lineage
- Experience with cloud platforms like Azure or GCP, especially in relation to data science
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and other supporting container platforms/ tools
- Experience in data crawling including popular social APIs and web scraping
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position within Data & AI, please contact Daen Huang at +65 63030158
or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion on your career.
Hays Registration Number: 200609504D, EA License: 07C3924, Registration ID Number: R1658977