About the job
The Global Client Analytics (GCA) team is responsible for providing data, insights and analysis to Global Markets front office on client activity. The team aims to build a solid database from various sources and develop analysis, reports and dashboards to provide valuable insight to the Front Office in a rapid, agile manner. The team in Lisbon is comprised of 9 members. The consumers of this data and analysis are over 1000 global Front Office users including Sales, Trading, Research and Senior Management. We are a global team, with presence in Europe, America, and Asia.
Your Main Activities Are
- Development, maintenance, and support of data processing and analytical stacks
- Ensure architecture meets business requirements
- Recommend ways to efficiently provide quality data
- Develop data ETL processes in production environment
- Leverage large volumes of data from internal sources
- Help global markets to achieve digital transformations
- Proof of concept data projects with innovative methods or tools
Profile and Skills to Success
- Master in Computer Science (preferred), Mathematics, Physics, Electronic, Biomedical or similar Engineering Master
- Knowledge with Python programming language (Java/C++/C# will be considered)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Tableau
- Knowledge and interest in financial markets are a plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
- Effective problem solver and consensus builder
- Team work and collaborative mind-set
- Fluency in English is mandatory
Why joining BNP Paribas?
- Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 68 countries, with around 193 000 Employees – including more than 148 000 in Europe.
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 6.500 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
- Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
- Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
- In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.