Join our growing Customer Digital Solutions team at Publix. We are seeking an experienced Data Engineer who contributes and drives the technological decisions for Publix.com future data and analysis needs. In this role, you will build and manage data pipelines (data ingestion, data transformation, data distribution, quality rules, data storage, etc.) for an Azure cloud and Databricks platform. The ideal candidate will have experience in data transformation, data modeling, master data management, and metadata management.
- Bachelors degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, or other analytical disciplines or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience as a Data Engineer
- Experience with Databricks, Apache Spark, Python, SQL or relational databases, Hadoop, and data pipeline management in Spark for batch and streaming
- Experience building 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets in the cloud.
- In-depth knowledge of Model and Design of DB schemas for read and write performance.
- Experienced with the design and development of data management and data persistence solutions for application use cases leveraging databases (Relational and NoSQL) and enhancing our data processing capabilities.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Spark & Kafka Streaming and Python
- Experience working in a data lake environment handling structured and unstructured data, leveraging data streaming and developing data pipelines driven by events/queues.
- Advanced SQL experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) and working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Strong self-initiative with the ability to identify areas of improvement
with little direction
- Attention to detail with the ability to produce reliable, effective solutions
- Excellent communication skills are crucial since this position will work
with multiple cross-functional teams
- Possess a positive attitude and ability to work in a collaborative and
energetic team environment
Address: 300 West Lime Street, Suite 300 Lakeland, Florida 33815