Do you want to use your new technical and programming skills to build fast-paced, 6 week projects for the world’s biggest companies? Do you want to build some of the most innovative and impactful solutions in cloud, trustworthy AI, security, and beyond? If so, join us in IBM Technology Garage!
IBM Technology Garage is a technical pre-sales agile team, helping our customers transform their business. We work directly with our customers in small teams of cloud engineers, data scientists, solution architects, designers, and other experts to co-develop real business solutions. Not only will you get experience across the top brands and industries, but you will also have access to the entire IBM research, services, and product teams to help our customers succeed.
This role is hands on. You will grow your technical skills in the most current IBM Cloud and AI solutions, while leveraging open source for leading industries. You will join teams working directly with customers, defining solutions, and leading the way in how they get built in the age of cloud and AI.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Garage is a passionate team driving innovation and digital transformation for our customers. Garage Data Scientists are part of a small entrepreneurial team delivering projects co-created with customers using data science and programming skills. You will be the hands-on subject matter expert in data science, machine learning applying your skills to real business problems. You get to specialize in areas such as NLP/NLU, prescriptive analytics and optimization, MLOps, AI solutions, machine vision, data visualization, and more. You will work with cutting edge IBM technologies such as Watson along with open-source libraries and frameworks.
IBM Summit Program + Technology Garage Training
During the dedicated development program, we provide extraordinary training in technology and industry solutions, highlighted with shadowing opportunities, and consultative sales experience through a combination of classroom, online resources, hands-on field experiences, and structured mentorship We will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to make an immediate impact and achieve individual growth as a leader.
Summit opportunities are available in one of two metro regions: Markham, ON and Toronto, ON
Summit Training requires up to 10% travel.
Up to 50% travel (post-Summit training) required as part of Garage customer projects
Successful IBM Technology Garage Hires:
- Demonstrate a growth mindset and continuous learning; stay current on IBM strategies and products with hands on technical growth in data science and cloud native computing
- Use modern development practices and methods to plan and create cloud and AI applications
- Be conversant and knowledgeable about technology trends and how technology is being applied to address business challenges
- Demonstrate strong analytic, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills combined with an agile process
- Motivation to drive successful projects, both technical and business objectives
- Strong professional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
More on IBM Summit Program, visit: http://www-03.ibm.com/employment/summit
More in IBM Garage, visit: https://www.ibm.com/garage
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering or similar disciplines (MUST HAVE OBTAINED DEGREE BY PROGRAM START)
- Experience in programming with Python (preferred), R, Spark, or language in a similar discipline
- Demonstrate ability to characterize a business problem
- Demonstrate knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistical concepts
- Demonstrate ability to manipulate and visualize data and extract and communicate insights
- Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
- Must be able to travel to the U.S
- English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in application development
Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Key Job DetailsCountry/Region:CAState:ALBERTACity:CalgaryCategory:SalesRequired Education:Bachelor's DegreePosition Type:Entry LevelEmployment Type:Full-TimeContract Type:RegularCompany:(0026) IBM Canada Limited – IBM Canada LimiteeReq ID:483359BRTravel Required:Up to 10% or 1 day a week