Job Title: Data Engineer – Teradata
Chennai | Hyderabad | Bangalore
Tiger Analytics is a global AI and analytics consulting firm. With data and technology at the core of our solutions, our 2800+ tribe is solving problems that eventually impact the lives of millions globally. Our culture is modeled around expertise and respect with a team-first mindset. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, you’ll find our delivery centers across the globe and offices in multiple cities across India, the US, the UK, Canada, and Singapore, including a substantial remote global workforce.
We’re Great Place to Work-Certified™. Working at Tiger Analytics, you’ll be at the heart of an AI revolution. You’ll work with teams that push the boundaries of what is possible and build solutions that energize and inspire.Curious about the role? What your typical day would look like?
As a Data Engineer -Teradata, you will play a key role in the end-to-end delivery of the project as per defined requirements to create solutions using the DWH Architecture. More specifically, you might
- Collaborate with the clients to gather the client requirements.
- Translate the Business requirements into technical artifacts.
- Perform data analysis to understand the relevant data sets.
- Ingest data from various sources, and perform required data transformations before loading into the target.
- Create Data Pipelines as per Business requirements.
- Schedule the jobs as per requirement.
- Validate, deploy components, and perform unit testing.
Job RequirementWhat do we expect? Skills that we’d love!
You are important to us, let’s stay connected!
- 5+ years of experience in the Data Engineering space and in-depth knowledge of Teradata architecture
- Comprehensive knowledge of Database, Datawarehouse concept, and Data Analysis Skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of SQL, able to write complex SQL queries
- Good hands-on working experience in various Teradata Utilities like Fast Load, Multi Load, BTEQ, TPT, TPUMP, etc
- Ability to work with heterogeneous data sources
- Loves to create Teradata custom transformation to extract and transform the data as per the requirements
- Enjoys working on Advanced Teradata concepts like Skewness, Join strategy, Index choice, Statistics, Performance Optimization etc.
- Extensive Experience working in Unix shell scripting and one or more scheduling tool
- Extensive Experience on the Teradata database, analyzing business needs of clients, and ensuring client deliverables within committed timelines
- Comprehensive understanding of Data Modeling, Data integration Concepts, and Coding standards
- Profound knowledge of one of the ETL tools (e.g Informatica, Talend, DataStage, SSIS)
- Ability to work closely with technical leads, analysts, data modelers, and other developers to understand project requirements and contribute to the project solution
- Enjoys working in agile methodology
Every individual comes with a different set of skills and qualities so even if you don’t tick all the boxes for the role today, we urge you to apply as there might be a suitable/unique role for you tomorrow.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Our diverse and inclusive culture and values guide us to listen, trust, respect, and encourage people to grow the way they desire.Note: The designation will be commensurate with expertise and experience. Compensation packages are among the best in the industry