What are my job responsibilities?
Senior Data Scientist for driving and implementing data science driven solutions for Asset Management in the Rail Industry
- Collaborate with Product Owners to develop a product data-driven strategy.
- Understand the competitive marketplace, business issues, and data challenges in order to deliver actionable insights, recommendations, and business processes.
- Work in a collaborative team environment with other highly skilled specialists in statistics, machine learning, and software engineering.
- Research new modeling algorithms, languages, packages, and statistical tools to enhance the overall productivity of the team.
- Design and implement experiments to test various hypotheses.
- Drive and lead data science related products.
- Communicate complex solutions in a clear and understandable way to both experts and non-experts.
- Promote a Data-driven customer centric culture at Siemens.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a relevant role.
- Strong knowledge and proven hands-on experience in personalization and information retrieval projects.
- Experience collaborating with Developers, UX Experts, Product Owners, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of, Python, Hadoop. Spark, SQL, or R.
- Working experience with cloud services such as AWS or Azure.
- Exposure/ experience to tools & Infrastructure such as Jenkins, GITHUB, Eclipse…Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to convey complex analysis results clearly and with conviction to all levels of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Interest and experience in coaching, mentoring and the ability to grow into a leadership role.
- Promote communication and collaboration.
- Transfer knowledge to younger data scientists.
- MS or PhD in a quantitative discipline: Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Economics, etc.
[CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE WORK PASSES NEED NOT APPLY]