🤖 The Job
Dataroots researches, designs and codes robust AI-solutions & platforms for various sectors, with a strong focus on DataOps and MLOps. As Machine Learning Engineer you're part of our dedicated in-house team of AI-specialists. You excel in building machine learning models which result in our robust and production-ready solutions to optimise company processes.
You love data and turning data inside out to reveal all its secrets. You are an expert in developing and implementing various statistical and machine learning models and you are in charge of controlling the performances of your models output. You love to experiment with different approaches to ensure your client the best-in-class solution. To achieve this, you collaborate closely with our data engineers and/or cloud architects on projects for various sectors, always with a quality focused, end-to-end approach. The result? Our teams provide clients a reliable foundation to make data-driven decisions.
As a senior you will also build and share knowledge with your colleagues. With initiatives like our Rootsacademy or Rootlabs, you have various chances to share your knowledge and keep up to date with the latest developments in the field.
Want to know more about the role of a Machine Learning Engineer at Dataroots? 👉 https://dataroots.io/foo/role-machine-learning-engineer
🎉 What you can expect at Dataroots
Dataroots was founded in 2016 and, since its beginnings, has focused on helping its customers achieve excellence in their data-driven operations. The only way to do this sustainably is by investing in team well-being, diversity, knowledge sharing and customer experience. This quality-first focus has allowed sustained and healthy growth over the years. Join a team where you can have an impact on our growth story. Read up more on our DNA over at [https://dataroots.io/our-dna].
💪 The Skills
- You have a knack for Machine Learning and have attained a Masters or Doctorate in a quantitative field.
- You have a strong background and are opinionated on software design principles.
- You have at least 5 years experience in a field related to machine learning and big data.
- You have a strong theoretical basis and experience in general machine learning & deep learning.
- You are excellent in Python, knowledge of R or Scala is a bonus.
- You get excited by large amounts of data.
- You approach problems with a pragmatic mindset.
- You have strong communication skills and can translate complex solutions into clear and understandable explanations.
- You have a good overview over the (big-)data ecosystem.
- You speak English fluently, as well as Dutch or French.
Was this list a bit much? Don't worry, we don't expect you to tick every box from the beginning. Most of all we are looking for colleagues with the same passion for personal and team development as the rest of us.
💰 The Offer
* An attractive salary package with extralegal benefits such as a company car & fuel card or mobility budget, hospitalisation insurance, group insurance, and a high-end laptop and a smartphone.
* A personal & team training budget to further your professional career.
* Your innovation budget to work on cool, educational, challenging and open-source projects within your guild.
* (Virtual) Team Buildings, team gatherings to let off steam and be part of our sports initiatives.
🇧🇪 Our main offices are in Leuven, Ghent and Maastricht, with co-working spaces in Charleroi and Antwerp. These locations are always available for brainstorming sessions or team events. As a Dataroots consultant, much work can be performed remotely, but you will most likely also visit our clients on-site.
Ready for a new chapter as a Machine Learning Engineer at Dataroots? Super! Apply now! 🎉