Gravy Analytics is disrupting the world of consumer intelligence. We are the only location-based consumer intelligence platform providing real-world information about the places people visit and the events they attend. Our mission is to be the largest and most accurate source of usable and trusted location intelligence that reveals how consumers live their daily lives. Understanding where people go and how they spend their time gives marketers and analysts unprecedented insight into consumer interests, preferences, and trends.
Gravy Analytics works with leading brands across industries – from finance to retail to professional sports - to provide market research, improve customer engagement, and generate more sales. Our location-powered solutions fuel ad targeting, customer relationship management, and competitive insights, enabling businesses to reach more prospective buyers, to better serve their customers throughout the life cycle, and to stay a step ahead of their competition. Processing billions of location signals daily, Gravy Analytics provides the essential data that powers many of our customers' proprietary solutions, as well as our own products and services.
You should know…Gravy Analytics is a dynamic and fast-growing business! We ranked No. 93 on the 2020 Inc. 5000 Series and No. 226 on the 2021 Inc. 5000 list… and we have no plans of slowing down. We embrace our core values of: Collaboration, Respect, Excellence, Expertise and Vision. If this resonates with you, please apply today!
Gravy Analytics is seeking a Senior Data Analyst to join Gravy’s Product Development - Data Team. This is an opportunity to utilize your skills to work in this interesting and challenging field, primarily supporting data analytics and product requests. Successful candidates will be sharp performers, with a demonstrated ability to produce timely insights and analytics. You will know SQL like the back of your hand, and you will have work experience with data visualization tools, statistical analysis or modeling including machine learning models. The ideal candidate will be customer service oriented, innovative, open-minded to the solution set and driven to deliver solutions that meet or exceeds the need. You will research data to help solve business problems, streamline data transformation processes, and analyze complex sets of information to reach conclusions and support building data products. The successful candidate will have a teamwork orientation and be excited to deploy and expand their skills with a growing company in a dynamic industry.
What You Will Do
- Implement production level solutions and execute on data analytic projects including normalization and statistical modeling
- Perform statistical analysis, temporal and pattern analysis, and correlation of events in support of our Geo-Signals Cloud and customer data
- Produce visual charts and analytics, document and present analytical results, interesting findings, and data anomalies to decision makers and team members
- Provide informational briefings to explain methodologies and critical findings as well product technical solutions to cross functional teams and stakeholders
- Exhibit strong task management and organizational skills when leading small teams
Skills & Experience
- At least four years’ experience in data analysis and a minimum of 6 years’ experience in hands on technical work (in analysis, programming, reporting or visualization)
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a technology related field or the completion of multiple courses related to data analysis, data visualization and reporting
- You will have great SQL skills and have Linux skills. You are experienced in querying SQL databases and have experience in technologies related to querying data in a data lake such as Zeppelin running on Spark
- Demonstrated experience with production data, ability to access data and use data extracts, ability to construct and manipulate large data sets of structured and unstructured data sources
- Strong foundation built on math and statistical skills and techniques to analyze data, run tests, and create models to gather new insights and predict possible outcomes
- Developed statistical code and models in R or Python with a firm understanding of statistical modeling techniques (e.g., linear regression, decision trees, normalization, machine learning), and background in software development is a plus
- Experience with QGIS, Tableau and other BI analytics tools at a minimum
- Good experience with visualization in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets to produce pivot tables, utilize formulas and functions, and statistical charts and graphs
- Great analytical skills and thought processes with an ability to investigate a problem and find the ideal solution in a timely, efficient manner, and demonstrate excellent troubleshooting skills
- Exhibit a data scientist mindset for business challenges with solutions that can be reached with clear cut, methodical approaches or through creative techniques
- Implemented creative code base for data improvement and opportunities to continuously improve processes
- Strong organizational and time management skills to plan technical data analysis and execute on software/code solutions with experience in breaking down larger tasks & projects into actionable subtasks
- Leadership capabilities with prior experience in leading 1 to 2 other team members on larger tasks including producing schedules, reporting status for projects, and deploying products and software into production
- You are both a team player and a self-starter. Your communication skills allow you to understand and meet customer and business needs, understand complex data relationships and navigating to produce outputs with little direct supervision
- Ability to transform a basic description of what is needed, analyze and ask questions as needed to generate a detailed specification of the data and/or analytics requirements
- Effective communication & documentation skills to present findings, trends, and new insights in a fast-paced evolving environment
- Pattern recognition skills and the ability to identify relationships between features
- Personal characteristics we value include: high integrity, entrepreneurial spirit, innovative thinker, team player, a passion for technology, excellent verbal and written communication skills, flexibility, high energy and attention to detail
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including equity and unlimited PTO.
Gravy Analytics is an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's age, ancestry, color, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Gravy Analytics will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation in connection with the application or recruiting process, please contact Human Resources at 703-840-8850 or firstname.lastname@example.org . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
Gravy Analytics participates in the E-Verify program. A pre-employment background check is required as a condition of employment.