NB This position is exclusively UK based
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You can tell us in your cover letter two reasons why you want join Infarm and your favourite herb
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
- You have experience in applied statistical analysis and experimental design
- You have good knowledge of Python and are enthusiastic to keep learning.
- You have experience with common data science toolkits and applied machine learning.
It would also be great (but not necessary) if you have experience with
- Cloud infrastructure and Cloud ML deployment
- Unsupervised learning
- Knowledge of software development good practices
At Infarm we grow a smart worldwide Infarm network that brings farming to the people. As a data scientist, you will contribute to that mission by working in multifunctional product teams to conceptualise, develop, and put in production machine learning approaches to solve automation and forecasting problems. Additionally, you will:
- Work on data modelling to develop advanced monitoring and forecasting systems for our farms
- Perform data exploration analyses to assess and help define new ML features
- Support other teams to constantly improve our data quality and help deliver high quality data integrated systems.
- Keep a documented record of the analyses, pipelines and modelling processes.
We work hard to continuously improve the quality of our farms. We want them to become more clever and data-driven, so that they can provide the best possible growing environment for our crops and nurture them to perfection. Our team also aims to shorten the path from customer request to delivery as much as possible to provide the best customer experience. Will you help us to achieve these goals?
What we offer
- The opportunity to join a growing company focused on sustainability, people, innovation, and fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances.
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business.
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of respectful, helpful colleagues.
- A remote-first mindset that allows you to contribute from wherever you feel the most comfortable.
- 28 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Fresh herbs to take home
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.