At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and Responsibilities
Octo, an IBM company, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of technical solutions for the federal government. At Octo, we specialize in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government's most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!You…
As a Data Analyst
with Octo, you will support an initiative within the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). This role will support efforts to transform an enterprise level environment by leveraging data and analytics to support strategic and tactical business decisions. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic and analytical professional that wants to help grow the business intelligence function within the program. The Data Analyst will be expected to analyze and create data sets from disparate data sources analyze and translate the results into non-technical insights for users to consume across the organization. The qualified candidate will have experience with supporting business, functional, and technical activities. They will have experience working with customers, users and project leads in analyzing, designing, implementing, and supporting analytics solutions. The initial efforts will be focused on Data Analysis and Business Intelligence reporting. Must have experience with Power BI.Us…
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.Program Mission…
The Digital Transformation Center (DTC) supports Veterans Affairs (VA) with onboarding and maintaining enterprise SaaS and PaaS solutions used to support the mission of serving our Veterans and their associated stakeholders. We are digitizing information and processes for improved implementation, leveraging modern tools and low code/no code for reusability and faster delivery.Responsibilities…
Years of Experience
- Research and develop data and statistical models for analysis.
- Analyze and model structured data using advanced statistical methods and implement algorithms and software needed to perform analyses.
- Collaborate with client to understand and recommend activities related to Analytics.
- Analyze data, data sets and create data sets.
- Analyze broad data sets and provides actionable insights to better inform business decisions.
- Develop and document overall data sourcing, data transformation and semantic layer designs.
- Develop ETL data flows between data sources as required to create data sets and perform analysis.
- Integrates and prepares large, varied datasets for analysis. Identify and assess data attributes using statistical software packages in order to develop recommendations and analytical processes based on mission requirements.
- Researches, develops, implements and utilizes statistical methods and strategies to address tactical and strategic problem sets, while working with a technical team.
- Interprets and analyzes data collected from a variety of sources using exploratory and statistical techniques, validating findings using an experimental and iterative approach.
: 5+ years of related experience data modeling, report/dashboard development using Power BI and other business intelligence tools.Education
: Bachelor's Degree or 4 years of related experience.Location
: Remote within the United States.Clearance
: Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance.Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years related experience in business intelligence and analytics performing increasingly complex data analysis and report/dashboard development.
- Must have at least 5-8 years of related experience data modeling, report/dashboard development using Power BI and other business intelligence tools.
- Proficiency querying PaaS data sources including Salesforce and D365/Azure environments.
- Experience working with unstructured, structured data including CSV, XML, SQL.
- Proven ability to analyze data sets, identify patterns and draw insights.
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing with client and team members. This will include experience documenting and presenting findings.
- Excellent analytical skills, organizational abilities and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter who works efficiently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain public trust clearance.
- Clearance: Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance.
About Business Unit
- Demonstrated experience in the use of Scrum and Agile methodology and processes.
- Experience supporting Department of Veterans Affairs or other federal organizations.
- Prefer current Power BI certifications.
IBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.Your Life @ IBM
In a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.Location Statement
IBM offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program. Eligible employees may have access to:
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, caste, genetics, pregnancy, disability, neurodivergence, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.