Job Description Summary
Looking for an outstanding Data Engineer with a strong background in ETL, Data warehousing and with interest in data mining and ability to derive key business trends. Data Engineer should have strong experience with all standard data warehousing technical components (e.g., ETL, Reporting, Data Model), infrastructure (e.g., hardware and software) and their integration. Responsible for developing data engineering jobs and workflows that enable data analytics and reporting solutions based on the given design and architecture. Responsible for executing and delivering the results using agile methodologies. Also responsible for providing post-deployment support when needed.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Perform data profiling and data analysis for any source systems and the target data repositories
- Understand metadata and the underlying data structures needed to standardize the data load processes.
- Develop data mapping specifications based on the results of data analysis and functional requirements
- Build automated Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) jobs based on data mapping specifications
- Validate the data mapping results
- Implement Data Quality (DQ) rules provided
For roles outside USA:
Bachelor's Degree in with basic experience.
1.Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field
2. At least 1-3 years of experience in building DW/BI systems
3.Demonstrated ability in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing.
Hands-on experience in at least one programming languages like Python, Java
- Hands-on experience in SQL
- Experience with cloud systems like AWS, Azure etc. ; AWS services including S3, Redshift, EMR,EC2,GLUE and RDS.
- Exposure to unstructured datasets and ability to handle XML, JSON file formats
- Experience in large scale DW/BI systems preferably MPP database.
- Exposure to Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) tools like Informatica, Talend etc.
- Well versed with any BI and visualization tools
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity, Risk Management
- Partner with other team members to understand the project objectives and resolve technical issues.
- Communicates project status or challenges in a clear and concise manner to other team members.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes