Cru has a long-standing history of being a pioneer in world Christian Missions. We are looking for the most talented individuals with a passion to see the Gospel of Jesus Christ proclaimed to the nations. Come use your God-given talents to help do this!
Our teams are committed to praying for and with each other. Your faith isn’t just something apart from who you are, it's an integral part of you. Here at Cru we want you to use your gifts to further the Kingdom each day.
Passion for Data:
We're looking for a data engineer who is passionate about data and loves to empower analysts to efficiently create direction-setting dashboards.
Are you more concerned with creating solutions instead of just fixing problems? Do you care deeply about things like data quality and data security?
What You'll Be Doing:
Supporting data analysts, data scientists, and other data consumers by providing them with large, complex, decision-making datasets
- Creating, scheduling, maintaining, and debugging ETL and ELT processes
- Data cleansing and data wrangling to prepare structured and unstructured data for various modes of consumption including AI, ML, statistical models, analysis, dashboards, etc.
- Gathering specific requirements and suggesting solutions
- Providing mentoring to less senior engineers in coding best practices and problem solving
- Troubleshooting and debugging
- Optimizing performance
- Staying up-to-date with new technology trends
- Getting Hands-on Training from Senior Team Members
- Getting Training through Conferences
- Proven experience as a Data Engineer
- Extensive experience working with Enterprise databases and ETL tools
- Strong technical expertise with complex ETL/ELT flows and data pipelines
- In-depth knowledge of modern programming languages and platforms like Python, Oracle, BigQuery, Google Cloud Platform, R, SQL, Scala
- Comprehensive knowledge of Modern Data Warehouse design principles and architecture
- Proficiency in Data Modeling principles
- Ability to perform in a team environment and yet work independently
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to work independently and coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive/confidential situations and information
- It is a plus if you also have experience with:
- Apache Airflow or GCP Composer
- Geospatial queries
- Deep love for Jesus Christ
- Deep desire to share the Gospel with the world
- Willingness to receive and respond to feedback (it's not personal)
- Living in or willing to relocate to Orlando, Florida
- BS degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- High School Diploma